Storage Types in Hillside
- Boat Storage Units in Hillside, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Hillside, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Hillside, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Hillside, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Hillside, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Hillside, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Hillside
Hillside is a small town in New Jersey's Union County, conveniently located 1 mile east of Union and 3 miles southwest of Newark. No one is quite sure how Hillside got its name, but some suggest it may be named after the old Hillside School, which sat on Hillside Avenue.
Living in Hillside
Hillside is a cozy community, offering plenty of amenities along with a small-town lifestyle. Sanford Park and Paul Korlesky Park give locals and travelers space to enjoy picnics, play, and spend time in the great outdoors.The township also hosts many local events, ranging from big holiday celebrations to small community get-togethers. Senior citizens can participate in a variety of activities, including "Paint & Sip Coffee," a regular spring event, while the community as a whole can enjoy educational seminars, recreational activities and more.
Businesses are attracted to Hillside for its excellent location and well-educated population. A large percentage of Hillside's adult residents hold a bachelor's degree or higher. With Kean University nearby, and other educational facilities including Seton Hall University, Rutgers University-Newark and the New Jersey Institute of Technology also accessible, it's easy to pursue the specialized education of your choice.
Hillside Board of Education School District oversees the public schools in Hillside and surrounding locations. This small school district has six local schools under its jurisdiction: A.P. Morris/ECC, Calvin Coolidge, George Washington, Hurden Looker, Walter O. Krumbiegel and Hillside High School. There are also a few private schools in Hillside.
Resources for Moving to Hillside
Here are a few handy resources to simplify your move to Hillside:
- Utilities: Hillside's primary utility providers are PSE&J and the Union County Utilities Authority.
- Garbage and Recycling: Single-family homes receive regular collection services for both trash and recyclables.
- Transportation: Hillside is part of the large New Jersey Transit system, which connects the community with several major cities in the area.
Property is very affordable in Hillside, with a median home price that's considerably lower than in many of its neighboring communities. The majority of Hillside homes were built in the 1950s and '70s. Modern homes are rare, with the most contemporary properties available built in the 1990s.