Storage Types in Mountainside
- Boat Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Mountainside, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Mountainside
- 5x5 Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- 5x10 Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- 5x15 Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- 10x10 Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- 10x15 Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- 10x20 Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- 10x25 Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
- 10x30 Storage Units in Mountainside, NJ
Located just 25 miles southwest of New York City, Mountainside attracts residents with its small town appeal and big city access. Considered a rural borough, Mountainside is unique in Union County for its focus on appealing, tight knit residential neighborhoods. The low residential taxes make the homes fairly affordable, and homes tend to sell quickly in this high-demand area.
Living in Mountainside
Mountainside's commercial center boasts several businesses that have thrived for decades. The borough's retail core is small due to its focus on residential areas, but commercial and industrial areas are just minutes away. Mountainside also features extensive parks, green spaces and natural preserves that add to the countryside feel. Just a short drive from New York City, Mountainside offers a rural retreat in this bustling metro area.
The borough has been named one of the best places to live in New Jersey, offering plenty of recreational and everyday amenities despite its small size. Local parks and recreational facilities include the Echo Lake Park Fitness Trail, the community pool, and sports fields and courts. The community's parks feature children's playgrounds, picnic areas and plenty of lush green space. Mountainside also offers a large number of city programs, including youth sports, teen babysitter training, a video game bowling league and adult fitness classes.
Jobs in Mountainside
The major employers in Mountainside and surrounding Union County span several industries. Pharmaceutical giant Merck is the county's largest employer, while health care providers Overlook Hospital Associates and Children's Specialized Hospital provide thousands of health care jobs. Trucking company NEMF, retailer Bed Bath & Beyond and energy provider ConocoPhillips also supply a number of jobs in the area.
Even if you can't find a job in Mountainside, you still have plenty of options. Commuting to New York City is exceptionally easy, and you can also consider jobs in one of the several nearby communities.
The Mountainside School District serves the primary schools in the community. Secondary students travel to the nearby town of Berkeley Heights to attend high school. High school students can also enroll at one of the Union County vocational technical schools.
Resources for Moving to Mountainside
Here are a few handy resources to help you organize your move to Mountainside:
- Utilities: Jersey Central Power & Light is the primary electricity provider in the area. New Jersey American Water is the water supplier.
Garbage and Recycling: Trash and recyclables are collected curbside from most single-family homes in Mountainside.
- Transportation: Several New Jersey Transit bus routes run through Mountainside, as do a few commuter rail lines. You can easily use public transportation to access nearby New York City and downtown Newark.
Homes along Old Tote Road and Pembroke Road, as well as those near Watchung Reservation, tend to be Mountainside's most expensive. More affordable homes can be found near Echo Lake Park and Echo Lake Country Club. Home prices in Mountainside are very high, driven by the town's high desirability and central location.