Storage Types in Morris Plains
- Boat Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Morris Plains, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Morris Plains
- 5x5 Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- 5x10 Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- 5x15 Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- 10x10 Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- 10x15 Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- 10x20 Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- 10x25 Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
- 10x30 Storage Units in Morris Plains, NJ
About Morris Plains
Located just 35 miles west of New York City, the New Jersey borough of Morris Plains is an attractive place to live and work. Like much of Morris County, Morris Plains was first established in the mid-18th century. In the early years, Morris Plains drew residents with its rolling hills and lush valleys, while the borough today features attractive natural preserves in a contemporary park system.
Living in Morris Plains
Morris Plains balances green space with desirable residential areas, high performing schools and a thriving economy. With New York City just an hour away, Morris Plains offers convenient access to the city while maintaining friendly suburban appeal. It's a relatively small borough, spanning less than 3 square miles and home to just several thousand people, so you'll definitely find a tight-knit community.
This family-friendly borough has plenty to offer in terms of recreation, with more than 30 different recreational programs, a community pool and a teen center. Popular programs include drawing, yoga, tennis and senior exercise as well as a summer camp program for children. The Morris Plains Museum offers a peek into the community's history, featuring photographs, costumes, maps and artwork.
Jobs in Morris Plains
Morris Plains has a diverse economy that includes health care providers, logistics companies, business services providers, information technology companies and much more. Life sciences company Novartis is Morris County's largest employer, followed by health care provider Atlantic Health and armament manufacturer Picatinny Arsenal. Logistics company UPS, business services company ADP and information technology firm AT&T also provide many jobs in the area. Pfizer has a major corporate presence in Morris Plains, as does Honeywell.
If the jobs in Morris Plains aren't a good fit, you can always make the easy commute to New York City. Many locals work in nearby cities, especially because public transit offers direct routes to Penn Station and Hoboken Terminal.
Morris Plains Schools
In Morris Plains, elementary and middle schools are in the Morris Plains School District. Morristown High School is the area's secondary school, part of the Morris School District. There are also a few private school options, including Catholic schools, in Morris Plains and its neighboring communities.
Resources for Moving to Morris Plains
As you prepare for your move to Morris Plains, the following information will be helpful:
- Utilities: Primary utilities providers in Morris Plains include Jersey Central Power & Light and the Southeast Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority.
- Garbage and Recycling: Garbage is collected twice weekly, with the exception of major holidays. Yard waste is collected monthly, while bulky items and recyclables are collected once a week.
- Transportation: New Jersey Transit offers several routes through Morris Plains, making it extremely easy to access nearby cities, including New York City, for work and entertainment.
Morris Plains Housing
In Morris Plains, you can find a wide selection of housing options, ranging from small, affordable homes to large, high-end estates. Clusters of affordable homes tend to appear on the north side, while houses with higher price tags are located on the south side.