Storage Types in Woodland Park
- Boat Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Woodland Park, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Woodland Park
- 5x5 Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- 5x10 Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- 5x15 Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- 10x10 Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- 10x15 Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- 10x20 Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- 10x25 Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
- 10x30 Storage Units in Woodland Park, NJ
About Woodland Park
Woodland Park is a small borough in New Jersey’s Passaic County, located in the northeastern region of the state. It's only about 20 miles west of New York City, and is bordered by the Passaic River and Garret Mountain. Woodland Park is part of a group of mountain and river's edge communities in the county, sharing borders with Little Falls, Totowa and Clifton.
The borough is a balanced mix of residential developments, commercial corridors and industrial properties. In addition, much of Woodland Park is dedicated to park-land, including two large reservoirs. The town was known as West Paterson until 2009, when its name was changed to Woodland Park in a measure approved by local citizens.
Living in Woodland Park
The Woodland Park Parks and Recreation Department maintains local parks and preserves, including the Garret Mountain Reservation. The preserve stretches across more than 560 acres and is home to Lambert Castle. From this high point at more than 500 feet above sea level, you can enjoy extensive views of the New York City skyline. Another popular local park is Rifle Camp Park, which features a nature center, hiking and fitness trails, an observatory and a bird-watching area.
The borough also offers a variety of youth programs through the Parks and Recreation Department, including a summer camp and organized sports. In addition, the department hosts numerous community events and celebrations, including holiday toy drives, a summer concert series, an Easter egg hunt and a fishing contest at the local Henderson Pond.
Jobs in Woodland Park
Because Woodland Park is less than an hour’s drive from New York City, it’s certainly possible to make the daily commute for work. In New York, you’ll have access to a large, diverse job market with options in nearly every industry. However, you can also find opportunities close to home, within the borough’s limits. There’s a mix of large and small businesses in Woodland Park that provide local jobs.
Cytec Industries, a chemicals and materials technology company, is a major presence in the community and provides jobs in a number of different roles. The North Jersey Media Group is another major employer, having relocated a major operations office to Woodland Park in 1999.
Woodland Park Schools
Woodland Park School District oversees the community’s public schools serving students from kindergarten through eighth grade. High school students attend Passaic Valley Regional High School, which is located in the neighboring Little Falls Township.
Resources for Moving to Woodland Park
As you prepare for your move to Woodland Park, the following information will be helpful:
- Utilities: Jersey Central Power & Light, New Jersey Natural Gas and the Woodland Park Water Co. are among the community’s primary utilities providers.
- Garbage and Recycling: The borough utilizes a regular collection schedule for pick-up of trash and recycling.
- Transportation: NJ Transit facilitates public bus service between Woodland Park and Manhattan’s Port Authority station.
Woodland Park Housing
If you’re planning a move to Woodland Park, you can expect to pay considerably more for housing than you would in other parts of the country. However, the prices are not surprising considering the suburb’s proximity to New York City, and can actually provide an affordable alternative to living in the big city. Renting is another option; you can choose from apartments, town houses and single-family homes.