Storage Types in Bayville
- Boat Storage Units in Bayville, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Bayville, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Bayville, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Bayville, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Bayville, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Bayville, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Bayville
Located about 55 miles north of Atlantic City and about 75 miles south of New York City, Bayville is a small waterfront community in New Jersey. The community is especially vibrant during the summer months, hosting a summer-long concert series and several local events.
The History of Bayville
The Unalachtigo tribe originally inhabited the area before it became an unincorporated part of Berkeley Township. The English and the Dutch settled here in the late 19th century, establishing small settlements that dotted the area where Bayville now sits. The railroad's arrival in 1881 led to the rapid development of this seaside township as a resort area, and the Bayville area drew many tourists through the 1920s.
Living an Working in Bayville
Though it's primarily a residential community, Bayville is also home to numerous businesses, parks and recreational facilities. Double Trouble State Park is one of its most notable local attractions, home to the unique Pine Barrens ecosystem and a small historical village. The community of Bayville also offers easy access to surrounding New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York towns through the Garden State Parkway and several state highways, so big-city amenities are just a short drive away.
In Bayville and Berkeley Township, the largest employers are grocery stores Foodtown, Food Circus and ShopRite, along with health care providers Crystal Lake Healthcare and Rehabilitation and Tall Woods Care Center. Retail stores, health care providers, attorneys and construction companies also provide hundreds of jobs in the Bayville area.
Students in Bayville attend both Berkeley Township School District and Central Regional School District schools.
Resources for Moving to Bayville
Here's some helpful information to make your move to Bayville as simple as possible:
- Utilities: Jersey Central Power & Light is the area's main energy provider, while the Berkeley Township Municipal Utilities Authority manages water and sewer services for Bayville.
- Garbage and Recycling: The larger Berkeley Township is divided into several collection zones, with each zone (including Bayville) assigned a specific pick-up schedule for trash and recyclables.
- Transportation: Bayville is part of the larger New Jersey Transit system,which provides transportation all over the state.
If you're looking for affordable homes in Bayville, concentrate your search on inland neighborhoods. If you're working with a more generous budget, you can consider one of the community's waterfront homes with views of Barnegat Bay. The median home price in Bayville is comparable to its neighboring communities and fairly affordable compared to other East Coast waterfront communities.