Storage Types in Neptune
- Boat Storage Units in Neptune, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Neptune, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Neptune, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Neptune, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Neptune, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Neptune, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Neptune
Neptune is a mid-sized town in the Greater Monmouth-Ocean, part of New Jersey's Monmouth County. Known as the Crossroads of the Jersey Shore, Neptune lies 10 miles north of Brick and 37 miles south of New York City. Neptune was named for the Roman god of the sea, as a nod to its location on the Atlantic coast.
Living in Neptune
Neptune offers a host of recreational activities, including trails for hiking, golf courses, children's playgrounds and popular fishing spots. The local library provides many family-friendly events, including weekly preschool story time, crafts for elementary school children and tween science and engineering activities. When the weather turns warm, the summer concert series is especially popular. The community offers a wide variety of recreational programs for adults and children, including yoga, toddler music classes, ballroom dance, aerobics and fitness. The center also offers an open gym, game room, computer room and TV lounge.
Jobs in Neptune
Neptune has a growing technology industry, thanks to the presence of firms including WorkWave, TDK-Lambda Corp. and eBillity. The town is also an important health care center, home to major facilities including Jersey Shore Medical Center, a top cardiac care hospital that is making important strides in the fields of women's health and cancer research. These businesses and organizations provide thousands of local jobs. In addition, Neptune's coastal location helps attract tourists, which nurtures a healthy leisure and hospitality sector.
Neptune Township School District is responsible for the schools of Neptune. Several private schools also serve students from preschool through 12th grade.
Resources for Moving to Neptune
Here are a few helpful resources to make your move to Neptune as easy as possible:
- Utilities: Neptune's utility providers include Jersey Central Power & Light and New Jersey American Water.
- Garbage and Recycling: The town is divided into four collection zones, with each zone assigned a specific trash and recyclables collection schedule. During the spring months, it also offers leaf collection.
- Transportation: Like most communities in the area, Neptune is part of the large New Jersey Transit network.
The most expensive local properties are the large homes close to the popular Jumping Brook Golf Course, while budget-friendly homes can be found throughout the town. Although houses in Neptune are significantly more expensive than the national average, they are not priced unreasonably for homes so convenient to New York City in such a popular coastal area.