Storage Types in Jackson
- Boat Storage Units in Jackson, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Jackson, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Jackson, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Jackson, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Jackson, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Jackson, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Jackson
Located 30 miles east of Trenton and 60 miles south of New York City, Jackson is a growing , ideally-situated township in central New Jersey and one of the state's largest municipalities in New Jersey. This thriving suburban community offers leafy residential streets, a strong economic center and easy access to the attractions of the Jersey Shore.
The History of Jackson
The township was first incorporated in 1844, and Ocean County was established six short years later. Over the years, the township has been known for its sawmills, charcoal manufacturing, cranberry farms and poultry farms. The Garden State Parkway's arrival in the mid-20th century hastened the development of Jackson into the commuter city it is today.
Jobs in Jackson
Businesses in the health care, hospitality, and government sectors (and many more) provide thousands of jobs in Jackson and the surrounding Ocean County area. Health care facility St. Barnabas Health Care System, education center Georgian Court University and entertainment complex Six Flags Theme Parks provide several thousand jobs in the area. Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst employs many military and civilian employees, and Anchor Auto Lease employs a large number of auto sales professionals. Entertainment and hospitality companies like Jenkinson's Boardwalk and Casino Pier are smaller-scale employers, but still supply hundreds of jobs in Jackson.
If you're going to be looking for a job in Jackson, you'll find a range of industries and roles to consider. Because it has a healthy, fairly diversified economy, Jackson offers jobs that can be a good fit for people from many professional backgrounds.
Students living in Jackson attend the Jackson School District. You can also enroll your child in one of the area's private schools, serving preschool through grade 12.
Resources for Moving to Jackson
Here's some useful information to simplify your move to Jackson:
- Utilities: Jackson's primary utility providers include Jersey Central Power & Light and Jackson Township Municipal Utilities Authority.
- Garbage and Recycling: Two waste disposal companies provide curbside collection of trash and recyclables for single-family homes in Jackson.
- Transportation: Jackson is part of the New Jersey Transit system, which consists of a large number of rail and bus routes through the state and connections to neighboring metropolitan areas.
There are many affordable homes on the eastern side of Jackson while the area's largest and grandest homes are near the township's Westlake Golf and Country Club. The median home price in Jackson is fairly comparable with many East Coast communities, though far less expensive than large cities in the area.