Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Canal Winchester
- Boat Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- Businesss Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- Vehicle Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- RV Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
Other Storage Unit Options in Canal Winchester, OH
Storage Unit Sizes in Canal Winchester
- 5x5 Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- 5x10 Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- 5x15 Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- 10x10 Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- 10x15 Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- 10x20 Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- 10x25 Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
- 10x30 Storage Units in Canal Winchester, OH
About Canal Winchester
Canal Winchester is a small, flourishing city in central Ohio that’s home to a mix of retirees, singles and families. It’s known for being a friendly, welcoming community with an interesting history and a number of fun local events. Less than 15 miles from Columbus, Canal Winchester offers a small-town way of life within easy reach of city amenities.
The History of Canal Winchester
In 1828, Reuben Dove and John Colman founded the community of Canal Winchester. Dove was extremely unhappy about plans for the Ohio and Erie Canal to cross through his farmland. However, his plans to sue the state were halted when canal workers convinced him to establish a town isntead. The same year, Dove and Colman began platting a community they named Winchester, after Dove’s Virginia hometown.
Agriculture brought success to the small community, while the canal provided an easy means of transportation beginning in 1831. When a post office was established, the town’s name was changed to Canal Winchester, because there were already five other Ohio towns claiming the name Winchester.
According to local legend, the establishment of the post office was all thanks to a teenage prank. On Halloween 1841, two teenagers tied their horses to the foundation of the post office in the neighboring town of Waterloo. Pulling it just across the street, the boys moved the post office to Winchester, giving it official village status.
Living in Canal Winchester
Canal Winchester is host to a number of special events,including holiday celebrations, art festivals and charitable events. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in your community and meet new people in your neighborhood.
The Annual Art Stroll is a popular summer event, putting a variety of art pieces on display throughout the shops of the historical downtown district. Other arts and culture events include Music and Art in the Park and Blues & Ribfest, while the family-friendly Summer Movie Nights program is also a local favorite.
Canal Winchester Schools
The Canal Winchester School District oversees the public schools in the city. There are a few private schools in the city as well, most of which serve preschool-age children.
Resources for Moving to Canal Winchester
Here’s some useful information for planning your move to Canal Winchester:
- Utilities: Canal Winchester’s major utilities providers include South Central Power Co., Columbia Gas and the city utilities department.
- Garbage and Recycling: Trash and recycling are collected on a weekly basis, typically on the same day across the city.
- Transportation: Although there’s no public transportation in Canal Winchester, you can easily make the short drive to a neighboring city to utilize the Central Ohio Transit Authority.
Canal Winchester Housing
The median home price in Canal Winchester is above the national average and considerably more expensive than in nearby Cincinnati. There are many new construction communities in Canal Winchester, featuring both small and large single-family homes. Homes range from cozy three-bedroom bungalows to large estates that span several thousand square feet.