Storage Types in Bedford Heights
- Boat Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- Businesss Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- Vehicle Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- RV Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
Other Storage Unit Options in Bedford Heights, OH
Storage Unit Sizes in Bedford Heights
- 5x5 Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- 5x10 Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- 5x15 Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- 10x10 Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- 10x15 Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- 10x20 Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- 10x25 Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
- 10x30 Storage Units in Bedford Heights, OH
About Bedford Heights
Located just 15 miles southeast of Cleveland, Bedford Heights is a small city long valued for its natural resources. Today, it's a thriving, family-friendly community with easy access to Greater Cuyahoga County, and it's the home of several hundred growing businesses.
Though the area had been settled since the late 18th century, it first formed as Bedford Township in 1823. Bedford Heights became an independent village in 1951 and a city in 1961. The area grew rapidly with planned residential developments.
Living in Bedford Heights
Known as the Crossroads to Better Living, Bedford Heights offers a unique mix of small-town amenities and easy access to big-city conveniences. The city upholds high standards of safety and community, making it an excellent place to live and work. With its supportive, tight knit community, Bedford Heights has become home to many young families, retirees and singles.
The Bedford Heights Community Center is one of the most popular gathering spots in town. There you can find a variety of activities and classes, including swimming, fitness and educational seminars. The city offers a senior citizens program called Silver Sneakers, making it easy to stay active and meet new people. For the younger residents of Bedford Heights, a summer day camp offers arts and crafts, educational activities, and field trips to the local bowling alley, movie theater and more.
The Bedford Heights Economy
Bedford Heights is home to over 450 businesses in a wide range of fields, and the city welcomes new businesses every year. Some of the most well-represented fields in the city include manufacturing, biotechnology, crane services, HVAC, home remodeling, health care, food service and automotive repair. With this wide range of industries, you should have no trouble finding a job in your field.
Some of Greater Cleveland's largest industries include education and health services, trade and transportation, professional and business services, and government. In Bedford Heights, construction, finance, and leisure and hospitality are quickly growing to join the ranks of the other major sectors.
Bedford Heights Schools
Students in Bedford Heights attend schools in the Bedford City School District. Private school options in the area are somewhat limited, but you can find a few faith-based schools within a reasonable drive.
Resources for Moving to Bedford Heights
Here's some useful information to help you settle into your new home in Bedford Heights:
- Utilities: The Illuminating Co. provides Bedford Heights' electricity. The city's utilities board manages water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: The Bedford Heights public works department collects trash and recyclables.
- Transportation: The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority operates public transportation routes in Bedford Heights and the surrounding area.
Pets: All dogs older than 3 months of age must be licensed, and leash laws are enforced.
Bedford Heights Housing
Bedford Heights home and rent prices are very affordable. The city is split fairly evenly between renters and homeowners, so you'll find plenty of options for whichever route you choose. If you're looking for larger homes on some of Bedford Heights' leafy, residential avenues, search near the city's parks and waterways, such as Zion Memorial Park on the north side and Tinker's Creek on the south side. You can easily find affordable homes for sale throughout the city.