Storage Types in Upper Arlington
- Boat Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- Businesss Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- Vehicle Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- RV Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
Other Storage Unit Options in Upper Arlington, OH
Storage Unit Sizes in Upper Arlington
- 5x5 Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- 5x10 Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- 5x15 Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- 10x10 Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- 10x15 Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- 10x20 Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- 10x25 Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
- 10x30 Storage Units in Upper Arlington, OH
About Upper Arlington
Upper Arlington, Ohio, is a thriving suburban city located about 4 miles northwest of Columbus. The community has received an impressive number of awards and accolades, including being named among the happiest and safest cities in Ohio, a top suburb for small businesses and one of the state's best towns for young families.
The Founding of Upper Arlington
The city began in the early 20th century when two real estate developers, Ben and King Thompson, bought a large portion of farmland in the area. William Pitkin Jr. designed the city based on a plan inspired by the Garden City movement. As a result, Upper Arlington features curving, tree-lined streets, in contrast to the grid layout of many neighboring cities. Many people are attracted to this feature of the city, which has created a unique park-like setting with numerous green spaces.
After World War II, rapid development in the northern portion of the city went in a direction different from the original garden-inspired design. Large, ranch-style homes were constructed along typical grid lines. Today, the southern portion of Arlington is referred to as Old Arlington.
Living in Upper Arlington
As a resident of Upper Arlington, you'll enjoy many perks, including access to the nearly three dozen public parks spread throughout the city. Other recreational opportunities include nearby golf courses and all of the attractions in nearby Columbus. Also, because of Upper Arlington's proximity to Columbus, the commute to work is usually fairly short. Low crime and unemployment rates add to the city's appeal. Local events like the annual Christmas tree lighting, the Fourth of July parade and the Labor Day Arts Festival bring the community together, as do regular farmers markets and summertime movies in the park.
Upper Arlington and Greater Columbus offers numerous employment opportunities, making it fairly easy to find a job that fits your experience and needs. The Limited, Nationwide Insurance and Wendy's all have a corporate presence in the area.
Upper Arlington Schools
The Upper Arlington School District has served the community for nearly a century. It's well-rated for the variety of educational programs and options it offers to students and parents. There are also a few private schools, including two K-8 parochial schools, in the area.
Resources for Moving to Upper Arlington
Here are a few handy resources to help you plan your move to Upper Arlington:
- Utilities: Many of Upper Arlington's utilities are provided by the city of Columbus.
- Garbage and Recycling: Collection services for trash, recycling, yard waste and bulky items are provided to all homes in Upper Arlington. Your home's location determines your collection schedule.
- Transportation: The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) facilitates public transportation in Upper Arlington and the surrounding area.
Upper Arlington Housing
Upper Arlington is a desirable place to live for its many parks and attractive houses and apartments, which has led to a fairly expensive housing market. Homes are generally priced well above the national average and are far more expensive than in many other cities in Ohio. However, there are many large, well-maintained properties to choose from, so you'll be able to get fairly good value for your money.