Storage Types in River Grove
- Boat Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- Businesss Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- Vehicle Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- RV Storage Units in River Grove, IL
Other Storage Unit Options in River Grove, IL
Storage Unit Sizes in River Grove
- 5x5 Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- 5x10 Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- 5x15 Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- 10x10 Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- 10x15 Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- 10x20 Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- 10x25 Storage Units in River Grove, IL
- 10x30 Storage Units in River Grove, IL
About River Grove
River Grove is a small but vibrant city located about 11 miles outside of Chicago. It provides a small-town lifestyle while still offering access to big-city amenities thanks to an easy commute to Chicago for work or entertainment. The city was named after its shallow plains river and the large groves of ash trees.
Living in River Grove
River Grove is known for its tight-knit, friendly community, with a family-friendly vibe that makes it a popular relocation destination. Local organizations include the River Grove Historical Commission, the Friends of River Grove History, the Senior Citizens Club and several youth sports leagues. With such a variety of options, you can get involved in your community in a number of ways.
Something interesting is always going on in the city, such as the Tree Lighting Ceremony in November or the summer festival. You don't have to go far to experience rich history and culture, with the Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art in Evanston and the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center in Skokie nearby. River Grove's local library hosts many events for children and adults, including book clubs, story time and art classes. Open gym nights, teen dances and youth government sessions are just some of the many activities your family can enjoy.
In addition to recreation and entertainment, River Grove also offers plenty of every day amenities that can add convenience to your life. Grocery stores, coffee shops, fitness centers and convenience stores are all easily accessed from the residential areas of the town.
River Grove Schools
The River Grove School District and the Rhodes School District manage the public schools in the community. You can also consider one of the local private schools in River Grove or make the short drive to other campuses in the area.
If you're interested in pursuing higher education, Triton College will be your most convenient option.
Resources for Moving to River Grove
Here's some handy information for organizing your move to River Grove:
- Utilities: The River Grove Water Department manages water utilities, and your account set-up can be completed over the phone or online. Commonwealth Edison supplies the area with electricity.
- Garbage and Recycling: You can plan for regular collection of your trash and recyclables, which is provided for both single-family homes and multi-family communities.
- Transportation: River Groves is included in the transit networks of the RTA, Pace Bus and Metra rail systems.
Vehicle Stickers: All vehicles must display a village vehicle sticker. You have 30 days after establishing residency to obtain your sticker and it must be renewed annually.
Pets: Dogs and cats must be registered with the village. Licenses are also required and are up for renewal once per year.
River Grove Housing
As demand for housing in River Grove increases, so does its average home prices. You can expect to pay slightly more for housing in River Grove than you would in several other nearby communities. However, you'll also be able to explore a wide range of options, which makes it feasible to find something that fits both your needs and your budget.