Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Bedford Park
- Boat Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- Businesss Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- RV Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
Other Storage Unit Options in Bedford Park, IL
Storage Unit Sizes in Bedford Park
- 5x5 Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Bedford Park, IL
About Bedford Park
The village of Bedford Park is primarily an industrial development, with a small residential area within its boundaries. Just 15 miles from Chicago's center, Bedford Park has been a prominent transit center for more than a century. Considered an Illinois enterprise zone, Bedford Park is home to a variety of industries and continues to draw new businesses to the area.
The History of Bedford Park
The area that's now known as Bedford Park was just acres of flat prairie land until the early 1900s. At that point, Corn Products Refining Co. began establishing a wet milling plant in the area, adding housing for their employees throughout the 1910s. The village was named for E.T. Bedford, the president of Corn Products Refining Co. at the time.
Local government was established, schools were constructed, and police and fire services were provided by volunteers. In 1940, Bedford Park was officially incorporated as a village of Illinois. From the beginning, it was designed with a major industrial presences and only small allowances for residential housing.
Jobs in Bedford Park
Bedford Park is home to hundreds of businesses that benefit from the village's direct connections to interstates, rail lines, commuter trains and Midway Airport. A business-friendly community, Bedford Park has a thriving retail sector, a busy industrial district, and ample utility and telecommunications services. The village also has six hotels to welcome visiting business and leisure travelers. All of these businesses provide a number of jobs in the area, with many people commuting from outside the village limits for work.
Bedford Park and the greater Chicago metropolitan area boast a wide range of industries. Some of the largest in the area include trade and transportation, professional and business services, and education and health services.
Bedford Park Schools
The Cook County School District 104 manages the schools in the Bedford Park area.
Resources for Moving to Bedford Park
Here are a few resources that can help make your move to Bedford Park a bit easier:
- Utilities: The Village of Bedford Park Water Department manages local water services.
- Garbage and Recycling: There are a few different waste disposal companies that serve Bedford Park, including Waste Management and Advanced Disposal.
- Transportation: Because so many people commute to Bedford Park, it's fairly well-connected by way of public transit. The Chicago Transit Authority operates a network of routes in and around the village.
Bedford Park Housing
Bedford Park's primary residential neighborhoods are concentrated on the village's southern side. Industrial areas are located in the village's center and on the north and west sides, while the village's retail core is on the east side.