Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Willowbrook
- Boat Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- Businesss Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- RV Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
Other Storage Unit Options in Willowbrook, IL
Storage Unit Sizes in Willowbrook
- 5x5 Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Willowbrook, IL
Willowbrook is a small village located about 30 minutes outside of Chicago. Despite its relatively small size, Willowbrook has plenty to offer. Excellent transportation, thriving retail centers, numerous community parks and highly-rated public schools all contribute to Willowbrook's growing desirability as a place to call home.
The History of Willowbrook
Until the mid-20th century, much of the land in the Willowbrook area was still farmland. In 1959, 167 people from the Ridgemoor Homeowners Association decided they wanted to incorporate so they would have a say in the development of the farmland surrounding their homes. It was important to act quickly, however, because within just a few months, a new law would be passed that required a minimum population of 400 for incorporation.
The decision was made so quickly that the residents hadn't even picked out a name for their village yet. The attorney processing the paperwork quickly called the association's president, Anton Borse, and asked him for the name of the new village. Borse happened to spot the willow trees and small creek out his window and decided to call the village Willowbrook. It officially became a village on Jan. 18, 1960.
Parks and Recreation in Willowbrook
Although Willowbrook is a very small community, it's home to 10 parks and more than 50 acres of public parkland. The largest and most popular park in Willowbrook is the Tony and Florence Borse Memorial Community Park. There, you can enjoy picnic pavilions, a children's playground, sports courts and fields. Other parks in the area feature fishing ponds, sand volleyball courts and even a pier. Especially during the spring and summer months, the community parks are often host to community celebrations, birthday parties and neighborhood gatherings.
Adults and children alike can participate in the many recreation programs offered by the village, including softball leagues and other sports. The village also hosts a number of special events, like a children's holiday party.
Elementary and middle school students in Willowbrook attend schools in one of two local districts, Maercker Elementary School District #60 and Gower Elementary School District #62. High schools fall under the jurisdiction of Hinsdale High School District #86.
Resources for Moving to Willowbrook
Here are a few helpful resources for planning your move to Willowbrook:
- Utilities: The area's main electricity provider is Commonwealth Edison. The village oversees water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: The Village of Willowbrook contracts with a private company to offer curbside trash and recycling pickup.
- Transportation: The Pace Bus is the primary public transportation option in Willowbrook.
- Village Library: The Indian Prairie Public Library District serves Willowbrook. Books, e-books and movies are all available for check-out. You can also take a variety of classes and participate in book discussions.
Although the median home price in Willowbrook is higher than the national average, the market provides plenty of options that make it easier to find something within your budget. You can also consider a number of rental properties in Willowbrook, ranging from single-family homes to apartments within multi-family communities.