Storage Types in Wallington
- Boat Storage Units in Wallington, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Wallington, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Wallington, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Wallington, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Wallington, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Wallington, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Wallington
Nestled in the southern corner of Bergen County, the borough of Wallington packs a thriving population, parks, recreation and entertainment into its tiny footprint of just 1 square mile. Special local events, Samuel Nelkin County Park and Bowlero Wallington all provide entertainment in this small, family-friendly borough.
The History of Wallington
The borough's history dates back to 1668, when explorers began touring the land between the Passaic and Hackensack rivers. Farming was predominant throughout the 1700s until the American Revolution, during which George Washington famously stopped at one of Wallington's oldest homes for travel information. Growth really began around 1890, thanks to the arrival of Dutch and Irish settlers. The borough of Wallington was officially established on Jan. 1, 1895, and the first elections for mayor and council took place that March.
Living in Wallington
Today, Wallington consists primarily of residential areas, though it also contains a variety of small businesses and parks. Residents here enjoy the community's open spaces, playgrounds, fishing holes and well-rated schools, all of which make this little heart-shaped borough a beloved community.
Plus, being so close to Greater New York City has its perks. For instance, you can be in Manhattan in less than an hour via public transportation, and in even less time if you drive. Newark Penn Station is also a one-hour commute. Thanks to the area's great public transportation system and vast metro area, the possibilities for work and entertainment extend well beyond the town's borders.
Wallington students are served by Wallington Public Schools, a small but comprehensive public school district. High school students in Wallington are also eligible to apply to one of the public magnet programs managed by Bergen County Technical Schools.
Resources for Moving to Wallington
Here are a few helpful resources to make your move to Wallington as easy as possible:
- Utilities: The primary companies that provide utilities in Wallington include Public Service Electric & Gas, the Wallington Water Department and New Jersey Natural Gas.
- Garbage and Recycling: There are scheduled collection dates for trash and recyclables throughout Wallington.
- Transportation: Although the New Jersey Transit Bergen County line travels through Wallington, it doesn't make any stops. However, you can access stops in nearby communities, and take the train all the way to Port Authority Station. It also provides local services throughout the area.
Wallington is a densely-populated borough with a very compact footprint, so housing options are limited. Even so, you can find a variety of home styles and sizes to choose from. Prices are fairly high but comparable with Wallington's neighboring communities.