Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Concord
- Boat Storage Units in Concord, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Concord, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Concord, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Concord, CA
- RV Storage Units in Concord, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Concord, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Concord
Concord, a major suburb just 29 miles from San Francisco, is one of the larger cities in the Bay Area. Thanks to its comfortable climate, proximity to the ocean, scenic location and healthy economy, it's no surprise that it's seen a fairly consistent growth rate over the past decade.
The History of Concord
While the land that's now known as Concord had been settled by Native Americans for generations, it wasn't until 1828 that Don Salvio Pacheco petitioned the Mexican government for the land. He moved his family to the land he received in 1846. By 1879, the town had a population of 300 people. In 1905, Concord was incorporated, and the population had grown significantly. At the time, the area was an important agricultural community, home to wheat ranches, walnut groves and vineyards.
Things to Do in Concord
Concord provides a wide variety of things to do, whether you're looking for arts and culture, history or the great outdoors. Several community parks feature walking trails, children's play areas and open green spaces, and the city operates a family summer camp at nearby Lake Tahoe.
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Concord offers a number of thrilling water rides, including over 20 large water slides. For something a bit more relaxing, you can explore the Markham Regional Arboretum, home to many native plants and birds.
Concord also hosts several local events, including the Concord Jazz Festival. The festival has been a city tradition since 1969, and several well-known jazz musicians have performed there over the years.
The schools in Concord are part of the Mt. Diablo Unified School District. The district offers a handful of unique schools, including the Digital Safari Academy, which incorporates technology-based learning. There are also several highly-rated private and charter schools in the area.
If you're interested in pursuing your degree in Concord, you can attend classes at California State University, East Bay.
Resources for Moving to Concord
Here's an at-a-glance guide to help you plan your move to Concord:
- Utilities: The Contra Costa Water District manages residential water services. Pacific Gas & Electric is the city's main energy provider and requires at least one week's notice before activating service.
- Garbage and Recycling: Concord Disposal Service provides regular collection of trash, recyclables and yard waste. You can also request special pick-ups of bulky items.
- Transportation: Public transit options in Concord include a network of bus routes as well as the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system.
The median home value in Concord is higher than both the state and national averages. Overall, home prices are on the rise, but the cost of rent has declined slightly.