Storage Types in Buffalo Grove
- Boat Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- Businesss Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- RV Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
Other Storage Unit Options in Buffalo Grove, IL
Storage Unit Sizes in Buffalo Grove
- 5x5 Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Buffalo Grove, IL
About Buffalo Grove
Just over 30 minutes from Chicago, Buffalo Grove offers a combination of small-town peace and quiet with easy access to big-city amenities. It was incorporated in 1958 and has experienced steady growth since then. The city is known for its commitment to its small-town charm, with specific planning efforts being made to preserve its quaint residential streets, public green spaces and winding roads, even as the population grows.
The History of Buffalo Grove
Buffalo Grove's non-native history began in the 1840s, when New Englanders moved west with land grants to fund their pilgrimages. Most of the area's early population consisted of Europeans, particularly Scottish, French and German pioneers who hoped to find more prosperity than they could achieve in their native lands.
The first settlers used the land in Buffalo Grove primarily for farming, but they also built diverse communities with stores, churches and other commercial buildings. Today, many of Buffalo Grove's streets and landmarks bear the names of those first pioneers.
Living in Buffalo Grove
Even though it's a relatively small town, Buffalo Grove doesn't skimp on amenities. Grocery stores, coffee shops, fitness centers and the public library make every-day life very convenient, never requiring you to leave the village. The community's extremely low crime rate is another attractive factor, especially for families and young singles.
Several local events contribute to the tight-knit community feel in Buffalo Grove. Regular farmers markets offer fresh produce and local crafts, while family events like Touch-a-Truck provide entertainment for young children. Buffalo Grove Days is one of the most noteworthy events in the village, featuring a craft fair, live performances, a car show, a rubber duck race and a barbecue cook-off challenge. The Buffalo Grove Invitational Fine Arts Festival is a popular event as well, attracting tens of thousands of visitors from many surrounding communities.
Buffalo Grove Schools
Aptakisic - Tripp School District oversees the public schools of Buffalo Grove. Most private school options are outside village limits, but close enough to still be accessible.
Resources for Moving to Buffalo Grove
As you get ready for your move to Buffalo Grove, the following information may prove helpful:
- Utilities: The village utilities department provides water and sewer services through the Northwest Water Commission. Constellation Energy is the area's man
- Garbage and Recycling: Your trash, recyclables and yard waste will be collected weekly. If you need additional pick-ups, you can arrange them for a fee.
- Transportation: Both the Chicago Transit Authority and the Pace Bus system serve Buffalo Grove.
Buffalo Grove Housing
Even though it's a small community, Buffalo Grove has become such a desirable place to live that its median home price is actually higher than the Chicago metro averages. However, there are plenty of options, and the rental market is fairly active as well. Having a range of choices will make it easier to find something that works for you.