Storage Types in Voorhees
- Boat Storage Units in Voorhees, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Voorhees, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Voorhees, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Voorhees, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Voorhees, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Voorhees, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Voorhees
Voorhees is a mid-size township in Camden County, New Jersey. It's considered a suburb of Greater Philadelphia, and has been steadily growing in recent decades. Convenient public transportation, well-rated schools and everyday amenities are all factors that draw people to the Voorhees community.
The History of Voorhees
Voorhees takes its name from Foster McGowan Voorhees. In 1899, Voorhees granted permission for the area to become its own distinct township, allowing the area to separate from Waterford Township. In its early years, few people lived in this farming community. However, as roads and railroads were developed, Voorhees grew and expanded. In 1924, portions of Voorhees were used to create the community of Gibbsboro. The township lacked an official identity until a designated local post office opened in Voorhees in 1985.
Living in Voorhees
Voorhees is a comfortable suburb that offers everyday conveniences such as grocery stores, coffee shops, fitness centers and schools, all close to most of its residential developments. There are a few small college campuses and training schools in the township, and several larger universities within a short drive. Health care is offered at several hospitals and medical centers throughout the township. If you can't find what you need in Voorhees, Philadelphia is a quick trip away.
Youth sports, veterans programs and the senior citizen program all provide activities and resources for the community. The township also hosts a variety of events, ranging from small safety seminars to large holiday celebrations. You'll find a number of shops, restaurants, parks and entertainment options in and around Voorhees, so you'll never lack something fun to do.
The elementary and middle schools are part of the Voorhees Township Public Schools District, while the high schoo is part of the Eastern Camden County Regional School District. There are also a few private schools in Voorhees, including a Montessori early childhood education program.
Resources for Moving to Voorhees
Here are a few handy resources to make your move to Voorhees as easy as possible:
- Utilities: Major utilities providers in the Voorhees area include Atlantic City Electric, Public Service Electric & Gas, South Jersey Natural Gas and New Jersey American Water.
- Garbage and Recycling: Trash and recyclables are collected on a regular basis, while leaves are picked up seasonally. After moving in to your new home, you can contact the public works department to schedule a special trash pick-up for moving-related items.
- Transportation: New Jersey Transit and the PATCO Speedline rail system both offer public transportation options in and around Voorhees.
Voorhees offers a number of housing types, including mobile homes, single-family homes and town houses. Although the median home price is quite a bit higher than the national average, it's in line with prices in Greater Philadelphia.