Storage Types in Sicklerville
- Boat Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- Businesss Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- Vehicle Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- RV Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
Other Storage Unit Options in Sicklerville, NJ
Storage Unit Sizes in Sicklerville
- 5x5 Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- 5x10 Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- 5x15 Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- 10x10 Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- 10x15 Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- 10x20 Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- 10x25 Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
- 10x30 Storage Units in Sicklerville, NJ
Sicklerville is a large community in New Jersey's Camden County. It's considered part of the larger Winslow Township, and is home to a growing, diverse community. The community was founded in 1851 and named Sickler Town for local John Sickler.
The History of Sicklerville and Winslow Township
Though the area has been inhabited for centuries, Winslow Township was created only in 1845 after splitting off from nearby Gloucester Township. Business around Winslow Township has always been varied, and over the decades it was home to a tavern, a sawmill, a glass factory, a tannery and a jar factory. While it had its fair share of industries, the township was considered largely rural through the late 19th century. Construction of the first post office, hospital and school around the turn of the 20th century led to fast-paced development in Winslow Township and its communities, including Sicklerville.
Living and Working in Sicklerville
Today, Sicklerville spans about 58 square miles of mixed residential, commercial and industrial land. Less than 20 miles from Camden and 25 miles from Philadelphia, Sicklerville is no longer a rural community. Instead, it offers a welcome retreat from big cities, with ample suburban neighborhoods, relatively affordable housing for the area and easy highway access.
Sicklerville has a strong economy, with numerous businesses in the health care, food processing, utility and communications sectors. Cooper Health System, Kennedy University Hospital and Virtua-West Jersey Health System are major health care employers in the area. Other major employers include utility provider American Water Works, Campbell Soup Co. and defense contractor Lockheed Martin.
Elementary and intermediate students in Sicklerville attend Gloucester Township Public Schools, while most Sicklerville high school students attend Timber Creek Regional High School in nearby Erial.
Resources for Moving to Sicklerville
As you get ready for your move to Sicklerville, you may find the following information useful:
- Utilities: Major utilities providers in the Sicklerville area include Atlantic City Electric, Winslow Township and South Jersey Gas.
- Garbage and Recycling: You can expect regular collection of trash and recyclables in most residential areas of Sicklerville.
- Transportation: New Jersey Transit serves Sicklerville and most communities in the area.
To find the largest homes in Sicklerville and Winslow Township, look on North Egg Harbor Road, on the southern edge of the area. The most affordable homes tend to be near Elmtowne Boulevard and closer to the Cedar Brook area. Sicklerville is a fairly budget-friendly community, especially when compared with neighboring cities.