Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Studio City
- Boat Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- RV Storage Units in Studio City, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Studio City, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Studio City
- 5x5 Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- 5x10 Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- 5x15 Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- 10x10 Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- 10x15 Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- 10x20 Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- 10x25 Storage Units in Studio City, CA
- 10x30 Storage Units in Studio City, CA
About Studio City
Studio City is a dynamic community in the San Fernando Valley. It's one of the many neighborhoods of Los Angeles, yet it retains its own distinct personality, thanks to its unique history and thriving sense of community. Located in the northern foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains, Studio City is a prime home base for families that want to live within striking distance of the Valley, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and downtown LA.
The History of Studio City
Studio City truly earned a spot on the map in the 1920s, when the famous Mack Sennett Studios was constructed on a 20-acre lot donated by a local developer. At the time, Mack Sennett was an icon of the entertainment industry, known for his skillful use of slapstick comedy in the many Hollywood films he produced, directed and acted in. After his studio was completed, the area surrounding it came to be known as Studio City. Mack Sennett Studios helped launch the careers of many of the most famous names in Old Hollywood, like Bette Davis, John Wayne, Ronald Reagan and Alfred Hitchcock. Today, the studios are owned by CBS.
Mack Sennett Studios was not the only Hollywood presence in Studio City. One of the neighborhood's popular attractions is the home that was used for filming exterior shots of the famous American show, "The Brady Bunch." Over the years, Studio City has also been home to many film and television stars, including Ed Asner, George Clooney, Alex Trebek and Mickey Rooney.
Living in Studio City
As part of the greater Los Angeles metro area, Studio City is the ideal location for its proximity to numerous amenities, entertainment options, shopping and dining. You're never far from something interesting to see and do, whether you elect to stay close to home or travel to another LA neighborhood.
Studio City offers a mix of eclectic local businesses and high-end establishments, and its commercial developments have something for everyone. Ventura Boulevard is home to many unique vintage shops, while trendy boutiques are dotted throughout the neighborhood. There are many dining options in Studio City, including a number of sidewalk cafes that take advantage of the sunny LA weather.
Studio City Schools
Studio City is part of Los Angeles Unified School District. There are also many charter and private schools in the area, including both faith-based and secular campuses.
Resources for Moving to Studio City
Here's some useful information for planning your move to Studio City:
- Utilities: The primary utilities providers in Studio City include the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Southern California Edison and Southern California Gas Co.
- Garbage and Recycling: Curbside collection of trash and recycling is provided to most areas of Studio City.
- Transportation: Bus, rail and commuter services are widely available throughout LA.
Parking: It's important to be aware of the various parking restrictions in the LA area, otherwise you run the risk of getting an expensive parking ticket. Be sure to read posted signs to ensure you are parking legally.
Studio City Housing
The Studio City housing market is extremely expensive, with a median home price that rises well above the million-dollar mark. Many of the homes in Studio City are very spacious, featuring luxury amenities and design elements. You can find some homes that are priced below a million dollars, but expect to put in considerable effort to locate something budget-friendly.