Storage Types in Lake Wylie
- Boat Storage Units in Lake Wylie, SC
- Businesss Storage Units in Lake Wylie, SC
- Vehicle Storage Units in Lake Wylie, SC
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Lake Wylie, SC
- RV Storage Units in Lake Wylie, SC
Other Storage Unit Options in Lake Wylie, SC
Storage Unit Sizes in Lake Wylie
About Lake Wylie
Lake Wylie is a small community in South Carolina’s York County, near the South Carolina-North Carolina border. It shares its name with the large Lake Wylie, the reservoir on which Lake Wylie is located. Even though Lake Wylie is located in South Carolina, it’s generally counted among the suburbs of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Living in Lake Wylie
Lake Wylie is a relatively small town composed of many young married couples and singles. It’s about 45 minutes from Charlotte, so many locals commute there for work or play, enjoying the relatively easy access to big-city amenities.
Many of Lake Wylie’s local attractions are ideal for the outdoor enthusiast. Of course, its most well-known highlight is Lake Wylie, a large reservoir named for Dr. W Gil Wylie. The lake spans more than 12,000 acres and was first established after the construction of a nearby dam in 1904. You’ll be able to enjoy over 300 miles of shoreline, as well as a variety of water sports, swimming and fishing. Lake Wylie is especially popular during the summer months.
The Carowinds Amusement and Water Park is another local destination, just a short drive from the community of Lake Wylie. It features 13 different roller coasters, live entertainment and a large children’s play area. The grounds also host a water park, with water slides, swimming pools and more.
Schools in Lake Wylie
Lake Wylie students attend schools in the Clover School District. Because the community is so small, private school options are limited. However, if you’re willing to drive, you can access a large number of private campuses in nearby cities.
Resources for Moving to Lake Wylie
Here’s some handy information to make your move to Lake Wylie as easy as possible:
- Utilities: Major utilities providers in the Lake Wylie area include Duke Energy, York County Natural Gas and the York Electrical Co-Op.
- Transportation: Personal vehicles are the primary mode of transportation in Lake Wylie, due largely to the lack of public transit stations in the community. The nearby city of Charlotte is served by the Lynx transit system.
Lake Wylie Housing
Homes in Lake Wylie tend to be fairly expensive, mainly because many of them have waterfront locations with views of the lake. It’s not unusual to see a lakefront property sell for more than a million dollars, but you can also find more affordable options like townhomes and new-construction communities that are a little farther from the water.