Storage Types in Indian Land
- Boat Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- Businesss Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- Vehicle Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- RV Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
Other Storage Unit Options in Indian Land, SC
Storage Unit Sizes in Indian Land
- 5x5 Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- 5x10 Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- 5x15 Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- 10x10 Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- 10x15 Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- 10x20 Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- 10x25 Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
- 10x30 Storage Units in Indian Land, SC
About Indian Land
Indian Land is a welcoming community in the northern region of South Carolina’s Lancaster County, located about 20 miles from the city of Uptown.
The History of the Indian Land Name
The community of Indian Land has a somewhat unusual name, but it’s one that has historic origins. In the early years of the American South, European settlers established homes, farms and even small towns over much of the land. The Native Americans that had originally inhabited the land were either driven out or chose to leave for safer living conditions.
However, the land where Indian Land now stands was a bit different. Even as European settlements sprang up on the surrounding land, Indian Land remained home to Native American tribes. In particular, the Catawba and Waxhaw tribes called the area home for quite some time after European settlement, thus earning the Indian Land community its modern-day name.
Things to Do in Indian Land
One of the newest and top attractions in Indian Land is the Redstone Shopping Center. With over 300,000 square feet of shopping and dining, it’s a prime destination for locals and out-of-towners alike. The anchor business of the Redstone Shopping Center is Stone Theaters, featuring 14 screens and playing a variety of newly-released blockbuster films. Several salons and spas also call the development home, in addition to numerous restaurants that range from casual fast-food joints to a high-end Japanese steakhouse.
Indian Land’s local parks provide entertainment of a different sort, offering expansive green spaces, walking trails and children’s playgrounds.
Indian Land Schools
Most students in Indian Land attend public schools in the Lancaster County School District. There are no major private schools in the community, but you can consider driving to a nearby city if it’s a priority for your family.
Resources for Moving to Indian Land
If you’re getting ready for a move to Indian Land, the following information will be useful:
- Utilities: Major utilities providers in the Indian Land area include the York Electric Co-Op, the Lancaster County Natural Gas Authority and the Lancaster County Water and Sewer District.
- Garbage and Recycling: Most homes in Indian Land receive collection services from Liberty Waste Services.
- Transportation: Other than your personal vehicle, the primary options for transportation in Indian Land are limited to taxi and rideshare services.
Indian Land Housing
Whether you’re planning to buy or rent a home, you can generally find a range of options in Indian Land. Single-family homes are generally situated on grassy lots, some with shade trees or landscaping. There are also apartments for rent throughout the community, providing a budget-friendly and low-maintenance option.