Storage Types in Barnwell
- Boat Storage Units in Barnwell, SC
- Businesss Storage Units in Barnwell, SC
- Vehicle Storage Units in Barnwell, SC
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Barnwell, SC
- RV Storage Units in Barnwell, SC
Other Storage Unit Options in Barnwell, SC
Storage Unit Sizes in Barnwell
Barnwell is a small city in the heart of Barnwell County, South Carolina. The larger city of Allendale is about 17 miles away, while Augusta is just over 40 miles northwest of Barnwell. A significant percentage of the local population is made up of young families, who are attracted by the city's good schools, numerous parks and convenient amenities.
The History of Barnwell
Barnwell County's history dates back to 1785 when four counties were carved out of the Old Orangeburg District. Though located in the heart of the South, this tranquil town survived the Civil War with little damage, and four pre-war churches still stand today. Barnwell has a deep history in South Carolina politics having provided the state with a governor, a speaker of the House of Representatives and a chairman of the Senate Finance Committee.
Living in Barnwell
In Barnwell, you'll find plenty of convenient, everyday amenities in addition to a variety of things to do and see. There are numerous historical landmarks in the city, many of which date back to the mid-1800s. A large vertical sundial, a gift from a local senator in the 1850s, stands at the city's courthouse. Many of the buildings of historical Barnwell are churches, including the oldest Catholic church in the state.
Barnwell offers a variety of local shops to explore, many of which are family-owned establishments. Clothing, jewelry, and art are available at the numerous boutiques and shops in the area. There are also many restaurants to enjoy in the city, featuring several different types of cuisine including Southern soul, Mexican, American and Caribbean food. In downtown Barnwell, you'll find an old-fashioned ice cream and soda shop, as well as a quaint bakery.
Barnwell School District 45 oversees the public schools in Barnwell. There are a few private schools in the area, mostly Christian-based campuses affiliated with local churches.
Resources for Moving to Barnwell
Here are a few helpful resources for planning your move to Barnwell:
- Utilities: Barnwell Public Works manages water and sewer services, requiring a deposit fee to activate services. The major energy provider in the area is South Carolina Electric & Gas.
- Garbage and Recycling: The city facilitates trash collection, with designated collection zones assigned specific weekly pickup days.
- Transportation: Public transportation options in Barnwell and the surrounding area include bus routes operated by Local Motion.
The Barnwell housing market offers a variety of options, ranging from large plantation-style homes to sprawling ranch-style houses. Prices are very affordable, and a variety of price points makes it easy to find something that fits your budget. A median home price that is well below the national average has played a part in attracting new people to the area.