Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Springfield
- Boat Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- Businesss Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- RV Storage Units in Springfield, VA
Other Storage Unit Options in Springfield, VA
Storage Unit Sizes in Springfield
- 5x5 Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- 5x10 Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- 5x15 Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- 10x10 Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- 10x15 Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- 10x20 Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- 10x25 Storage Units in Springfield, VA
- 10x30 Storage Units in Springfield, VA
Springfield is a large city in eastern Massachusetts, part of one of the city's two major metropolitan areas (the other being based around Boston). The city is located on the banks of the Connecticut River, near where it meets up with the Chicopee and Mill rivers. Springfield serves as a major hub for commerce, industry and culture, and is an economic leader in the Connecticut River Valley region.
The History of Springfield
In 1636, the land that's now Springfield was purchased by William Pynchon in a transaction with the Native Americans who originally inhabited the area. The town of Springfield was built quickly, earning incorporation as a town by 1641. It officially became a city in 1852, and thrived over the decades because of its status as one of the major New England crossroads. Located right between Boston and New York City, it's a perfect stopping place for travelers.
The city of Springfield was the birthplace of numerous innovations throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, including the first American English dictionary, the discovery of vulcanized rubber, the first horseless car and the sport of basketball.
Living in Springfield
Springfield offers many entertainment, dining and shopping options throughout the city, which is a major factor in attracting new people to the area. In addition, since Springfield is between Boston and New York, you don't have far to go to get a taste of a larger city. Springfield is also part of a region called the Knowledge Corridor, named for the high concentration of colleges and universities in the area. Within Springfield city limits, you'll find a large variety of colleges, universities and community colleges.
You'll also have the opportunity to participate in many different events and festivals, like the Hoop City Jazz Festival, summertime Bike Nights, the annual World's Largest Pancake Breakfast (a yearly world record attempt by the city) and the Parade of Big Balloons. Holidays are celebrated with parades, community gatherings and special events in Springfield, and there are many festivals honoring local culture and history as well.
Springfield hosts several museums, including those focused on history, fine arts and international art. The Springfield Public Library is notable for its distinct architecture, a prime example of the City Beautiful movement.
Schools in Springfield are part of Springfield Public Schools. The district's high schools include a vocational campus and a STEM magnet school. There are also two highly ranked public charter schools in Springfield, SABIS International and the Hampden Charter School of Science. You can consider one of the many private schools in the area as well, including college prep and parochial campuses.
Resources for Moving to Springfield
Here are a few resources to help you get settled in Springfield:
- Utilities: Eversource is the primary electricity supplier in the city, while the city utilities department manages water and sewer services and billing.
- Garbage and Recycling: The city facilitates the regular collection of trash and recyclables.
- Transportation: Springfield receives transportation services from the Pioneer Valley Transit Authority, which is based in the city.
As the core city of a large metropolitan area, Springfield has variety of housing options to suit many budgets and styles. You can find spacious single-family homes, cozy apartments or convenient multi-family homes. Springfield is known for its extremely affordable housing market, with a median home price that's well below the national average. Between its excellent prices and varied selection, Springfield has something to offer everyone.