Storage Types in Fairfax
- Boat Storage Units in Fairfax, VA
- Businesss Storage Units in Fairfax, VA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Fairfax, VA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Fairfax, VA
- RV Storage Units in Fairfax, VA
Other Storage Unit Options in Fairfax, VA
Storage Unit Sizes in Fairfax
Fairfax is a small city in northern Virginia that's sometimes known as Fairfax City or Central Fairfax. Despite its small size, it has the feel of a big city, with an independent and vibrant spirit. It's considered part of the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria metropolitan area, and has a strong economy because of its close proximity to Washington, D.C.
Fairfax is also an educational hub for Virginia, and home to George Mason University. As a result, the surrounding neighborhoods are packed with businesses oriented toward a young, well-educated market, including cafes, galleries and restaurants. The city is home to many important historic locations, like the site of the first Civil War battle and a courthouse dating back to the 1750s.
Living in Fairfax
There is a wide range of jobs in Fairfax, especially if you're a skilled professional. In addition, the large number of companies in nearby metropolitan areas offer an active job market. Top employers in the city include G4S Secure Solutions and the City of Fairfax.
Outdoor activities are a popular pastime in Fairfax thanks to its nearby wooded areas, which offer plenty of opportunity for hiking, biking, camping and fishing. The city also hosts a variety of community events such as Fairfax Civil War Day, featuring historic reenactments and educational presentations. Special holiday events include an Independence Day parade and fireworks show, and the winter season's Festival of Lights and Carols.
Schools in Fairfax
Fairfax public schools are administered by the Fairfax County Public Schools system and include elementary, middle and high schools that have been consistently top-rated for academic achievement. You can also choose from a handful of private schools in the area, including faith-based and secular campuses.
If you're planning on working toward a college degree, George Mason University provides a full range of degree programs. As one of the largest universities in the state, it's often recognized for its economics, law, business and creative writing programs.
Moving to Fairfax
If you're moving to Fairfax, here are a few resources to make your transition as easy as possible:
- Utilities: Dominion Energy is Fairfax's electricity provider, and Fairfax Water Services manages public water.
- Garbage and Recycling: Curbside collection of trash and recyclables is provided by the city of Fairfax. Loose leaf collection is also offered during the fall season.
- Transportation: Public transit is available via bus and rail, provided by the Washington Metro and the city of Fairfax. Many options are available for commuting to nearby metropolitan areas as well.
Fairfax offers a diverse housing market with a mix of condos, apartments and rustic country cabins. There are many suburban neighborhoods ideal for families, as well as apartment homes that are a popular choice for young couples and professionals. Home prices are higher than most other areas in Virginia due to availability of higher paying jobs in the city.