Storage Types in Farmingville
- Boat Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- Businesss Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- Vehicle Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- RV Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
Other Storage Unit Options in Farmingville, NY
Storage Unit Sizes in Farmingville
- 5x5 Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- 5x10 Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- 5x15 Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- 10x10 Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- 10x15 Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- 10x20 Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- 10x25 Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
- 10x30 Storage Units in Farmingville, NY
Farmingville is a cozy hamlet in the town of Brookhaven, located on New York's Long Island. It's most recognizable as the site of Bald Hill, a high point that marks the spot where the glacier that formed the island came to a stop.
The History of Farmingville
The history of the Farmingville community started in 1791, when areas of the town became part of the Great Division of Land that was laid out. Settlers began arriving in the 1770s and made attempts to establish farms in the area. However, despite the town's modern name, the soil and hilly terrain are not suitable for crops. Instead, many of the families turned to raising livestock.
In 1850, a school was built in Farmingville, and electricity and a fire department followed in the early 1900s. The community didn't have its own designated post office until 1950.
Living in Farmingville
Farmingville has very low crime rates, making it a particularly safe community in which to raise a family or live on your own. Many schools provide highly-rated education to the hamlet's children, and several colleges and universities are within a 25-mile radius. Hospitals and doctors' offices provide easily accessible health care, and everyday amenities such as grocery stores and coffee shops are conveniently located.
Although Farmingville is a fairly small community, there are several local organizations you can join if you're interested in getting involved. One of the more popular local groups works to preserve the natural setting of the hamlet, planting trees and other greenery. Farmingville is also home to the Bald Hill Cultural Center, which features the Brookhaven Amphitheater.
The Sachem School District operates the local schools in Farmingville and many neighboring communities. There are also several private schools in the area.
Resources for Moving to Farmingville
Here are a few resources that can make your move to Farmingville a bit easier:
- Utilities: The Long Island Power Authority and the Suffolk County Water Authority are the main utility providers in Farmingville.
- Garbage and Recycling: Farmingville receives trash and recycling collection services from the town of Brookhaven.
- Transportation: The Suffolk County Transit Bus and the Long Island Rail Road both operate public transportation routes in the Farmingville area.
Whether buying or renting in Farmingville, you can expect housing costs to be much higher than the national averages. However, the high prices in the hamlet aren't surprising when you consider its location and amenities.