Storage Types in Lake Ronkonkoma
- Boat Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- Businesss Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- Vehicle Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- RV Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
Other Storage Unit Options in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
Storage Unit Sizes in Lake Ronkonkoma
- 5x5 Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- 5x10 Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- 5x15 Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- 10x10 Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- 10x15 Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- 10x20 Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- 10x25 Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- 10x30 Storage Units in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
About Lake Ronkonkoma
Lake Ronkonkoma is the name of not only a lake but of its surrounding hamlet as well. This census-designated community is located in Suffolk County, New York. Just over 7 miles from Brentwood, New York, and 40 miles from Queens, the town is an ideal option for those who want to get away from city life but still have a variety of amenities nearby.
The History of Lake Ronkonkoma
The Native Americans who once lived in the area considered Lake Ronkonkoma sacred. The lake itself is the largest freshwater lake on Long Island and the subject of a number of local stories and legends. Throughout the years, the area has been popular with actors and society's elite as a desirable vacation spot. Considered a resort town, it has become well-known as a quiet, scenic retreat from the big city.
Living in Lake Ronkonkoma
Lake Ronkonkoma is a scenic community surrounded by natural beauty, offering the convenience of nearby amenities and recreation. Becaue it's just a short drive from several larger cities, you never have to go far for entertainment, dining or business. Within 25 miles of Lake Ronkonkoma are seven colleges and universities, providing plenty of options if you're hoping to pursue higher education.
Because Lake Ronkonkoma is a resort town, its population varies significantly depending on the season. You can expect to see many more people around town during the summer, as many people owning vacation homes in the area.
Lake Ronkonkoma Schools
Depending on where in Lake Ronkonkoma you live, your children may go to school in the Connetquot Central School District or the Sachem School District. There are a few private schools in the area, primarily faith-based and parochial campuses.
Resources for Moving to Lake Ronkonkoma
Here are a few helpful resources to make your move to Lake Ronkonkoma as easy as possible:
- Utilities: Lake Ronkonkoma's primary utilities providers include Long Island Power Authority, National Grid and the Suffolk County Water Authority.
- Garbage and Recycling: Most single-family homes in Lake Ronkonkoma have trash and recyclables collection.
- Transportation: You have plenty of public transportation options, including bus and rail, in Lake Ronkonkoma.
Lake Ronkonkoma Housing
The median home price in Lake Ronkonkoma is significantly higher than the national average, but that's not unusual for a location on the East Coast. There are many home sizes and styles, whether you want a small, cozy cottage or a spacious, modern home.