Storage Types in Belton
- Boat Storage Units in Belton, MO
- Businesss Storage Units in Belton, MO
- Vehicle Storage Units in Belton, MO
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Belton, MO
- RV Storage Units in Belton, MO
Other Storage Unit Options in Belton, MO
Belton is a small city in Missouri's Cass County, counted as part of the greater Kansas City metro area. While you'll find that the city offers many amenities for locals and visitors alike, it's also conveniently located only 20 miles from Kansas City, making it easy to access big-city amenities and jobs.
The History of Belton
In 1869, George W. Scott and William H. Colbern bought 80 acres of land that would eventually become Belton. The town name was recorded in 1871, and the city was incorporated in 1872, at which point its population was 1,000. The first school board in the city was organized in 1875. Early in its history, the city also had a railway, a blacksmith, several churches and the Bank of Belton.
Like many of the nation's suburban communities, Belton experienced a population boom during the 1950s and '60s as World War II veterans moved their families to quiet, residential neighborhoods.
Jobs in Belton
If you're looking for a job in Belton, you have your choice of several large employers in the city. Quick Trip Distribution (better known as QuikTrip) is the largest employer in Belton, followed by the Belton School District, the Belton Regional Medical Center, Hy-Vee and the city of Belton. These employers span many different industries, so you'll have options no matter what your background is.
If you don't find a job in Belton, commuting to nearby Kansas City is another easy option. Only about 20 miles away, Kansas City has a healthy job market with something for everyone.
Belton School District operates the public schools in the city. There are also a few private schools in Belton, including Blue Ridge Christian School and Heartland Christian School.
Resources for Moving to Belton
As you prepare to move to Belton, the following information will be useful:
- Utilities: Missouri Gas Energy and Kansas City Power & Light are Belton's primary energy providers. The city facilitates water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: The city contracts with a private disposal company to provide trash and recyclables collection. Yard waste pick-up is also available during the spring, summer and fall.
- Pets: Pets are not required to be licensed in Belton, but they must have up-to-date rabies vaccinations.
Like many cities in Missouri, Belton has a fairly affordable housing market. The median price is well below the national average, and rent prices are also very budget-friendly. You can find a range of housing options in Belton, including many sizes and styles of single-family homes.