Storage Types in Apple Valley
- Boat Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- Businesss Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- Vehicle Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- RV Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
Other Storage Unit Options in Apple Valley, MN
Storage Unit Sizes in Apple Valley
- 5x5 Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- 5x10 Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- 5x15 Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- 10x10 Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- 10x15 Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- 10x20 Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- 10x25 Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
- 10x30 Storage Units in Apple Valley, MN
About Apple Valley
Apple Valley is a growing city in Minnesota's Dakota County, less than half an hour from Minneapolis. It's one of the many suburbs of the Twin Cities, and has grown increasingly popular over the past few decades as a place for families to call home. In recent years, Money magazine has consistently ranked Apple Valley among the top 25 places to live in the United States.
The History of Apple Valley
In the mid-1800s, the area now known as Apple Valley was called Lebanon Township. In 1881, the population of the township was just over 250 people. Between then and the mid-1900s, the area continued to grow as a farming community.
Throughout the years, the Apple Valley area continued to stay rural. Real estate developer Orin Thompson played an integral role in the city's early development, hiring professionals to help him determine the area of Lebanon Township that held the most potential for growth. The land where Apple Valley sits was selected, and Thompson chose the city's name in 1963, supposedly because the firm he had hired was located in Apple Valley, California. Apple Valley became a statutory city in 1974.
Living and Working in Apple Valley
Apple Valley holds a lot of potential for both work and play. If you're looking for a job in the city, you can consider one of its major employers, which include Independent School District 196, Target, Uponor, Dakota County and Walmart. Whether your experience is in education, retail, office work or government, there are a variety of jobs in Apple Valley. If you can't find something that's a good fit, commuting to the major city of Minneapolis is relatively easy. There, you can find a wider selection of industries, companies and jobs to consider.
You can also make the trip to Minneapolis for shopping, dining and entertainment, but you certainly don't have to — Apple Valley has plenty for you to do right at home. The city is the site of the Minnesota Zoo, one of the major zoos in the Midwest and nationally recognized for its variety of animals. Habitat exhibits include native Minnesota wildlife, a tropical rainforest and an aquarium. Other places to enjoy in the city include Lebanon Hills Regional Park and the Valleywood Golf Course.
In addition to local attractions, community parks and recreational facilities, Apple Valley also hosts several community events. Apple Valley Freedom Days is a Fourth of July celebration that features a large parade and a fireworks display, while the Apple Valley Winter Carnival is a family-friendly occasion that includes children's contests, ice skating and a medallion hunt.
Apple Valley Schools
Independent School District 196 manages the schools of Apple Valley, Rosemount and Eagan. In addition to traditional elementary, middle and high schools, the district also operates alternative school options, including the School of Environmental Studies and the Area Learning Center.
Resources for Moving to Apple Valley
Here are a few helpful resources for planning your move to Apple Valley:
- Utilities: Dakota Electric Association is the area's primary electricity provider. The city manages water and sewer services, and offers online bill pay and service activation.
- Garbage and Recycling: Apple Valley is divided into trash collection zones, with each zone assigned to a curbside collection day (weekly). Dakota Valley Recycling provides recyclables collection.
- Transportation: The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority provides public transportation services to Apple Valley and the surrounding suburbs. You can leave your vehicle at one of the free park-and-ride lots and directly board a bus, vanpool or carpool.
Apple Valley Housing
Although Apple Valley homes tend to be more expensive than the national average, it's a fairly affordable suburb when compared to the average prices of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area. You can find both existing and new construction homes in Apple Valley, with a variety of options in terms of size, style and location. There are also many rental options in the city, including apartment communities with varying amenities.