Storage Types in West Saint Paul
- Boat Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- Businesss Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- Vehicle Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- RV Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
Other Storage Unit Options in West Saint Paul, MN
Storage Unit Sizes in West Saint Paul
- 5x5 Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- 5x10 Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- 5x15 Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- 10x10 Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- 10x15 Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- 10x20 Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- 10x25 Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
- 10x30 Storage Units in West Saint Paul, MN
About West St. Paul
West St. Paul is a small city, just south of the much larger city of St. Paul. West St. Paul's name may seem a bit misleading, but it's actually named for its location on the western banks of the Mississippi River. Although it's an independent city, West St. Paul shares a border with the larger city of St. Paul and is often associated with the big city.
Living in West St. Paul
Despite being so close to larger cities, West St. Paul boasts a quiet, nature-oriented atmosphere. With its 15 parks, a nature center and a country club, it's the ideal place to live if you want to be close to big-city amenities without dealing with living in the center of a metropolis. A regular farmers market offers fresh products, baked goods and the opportunity to get to know your neighbors, while children can make new friends through local youth sports and activities.
Recreation is plentiful in the larger Twin Cities metro area as well. Mall of America, the largest mall in the United States, is easy to reach from West St. Paul via public transportation. You'll find a rich selection of places to enjoy fine food and entertainment. You can attend a professional baseball game, head to an event at the University of Minnesota, or explore the downtown area of either Minneapolis or St. Paul.
Jobs in West St. Paul
Many locals in West St. Paul commute to Minneapolis or other nearby cities for work. Because of its convenient location, West St. Paul opens up a variety of job markets for you to consider. Being so close to a major metropolitan area means you'll have many opportunities to choose from.
Several major companies have operations in the Twin Cities, including General Mills, 3M, United Healthcare, Best Buy and Target. Within the West St. Paul city limits, major employers include TapeMark, the Dakota County Government and Independent School District 197. The unemployment rate in West St. Paul is lower than the national average, another positive for its local economy.
West St. Paul Schools
Independent School District 197 is responsible for the public schools in West St. Paul. There are also a few private religious schools in the city, serving grades K through 12.
Resources for Moving to West St. Paul
As you get ready for your move to West St. Paul, the following information will be helpful:
- Utilities: Xcel Energy supplies all of West St. Paul with electricity and natural gas. St. Paul Regional Water Services oversees water services for the city.
Garbage and Recycling: You're responsible for choosing your own trash hauler from a list of city-approved, licensed companies. Be sure to shop around for the best price, and consider asking your neighbors or homeowners' association who they recommend.
- Transportation: West St. Paul is part of the large, well-connected Metro Transit network.
West St. Paul Housing
West St. Paul is a fairly affordable place to buy a home, especially if you're looking for a budget-friendly suburb of the Twin Cities. Even though it's very close to the St.Paul metro area, West St. Paul offers less expensive housing options than the larger city. The West St. Paul housing market includes a variety of single-family homes, apartments, town homes and condos.