Storage Types in Hixson
- Boat Storage Units in Hixson, TN
- Businesss Storage Units in Hixson, TN
- Vehicle Storage Units in Hixson, TN
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Hixson, TN
- RV Storage Units in Hixson, TN
Other Storage Unit Options in Hixson, TN
Hixson is a diverse neighborhood in the city of Chattanooga, which is part of Hamilton County. It's a popular home base for commuters due to its convenient location and peaceful suburban setting. Hixson not only offers easy access to the big city, but also provides a full range of amenities close to home.
The History of Hixson
Hamilton County traces its roots back to the Cherokee Native Americans, who owned the land before Tennessee acquired it by treaty in the early 19th century. Fewer than 1,000 people called the county home in 1825, but today the county boasts a population well in the 300,000s. The county includes Chattanooga as well as several other major municipalities, including Red Bank, Collegedale, Walden and Lakesite.
Living in Hixson
Like many Tennessee communities, Hixson has a very affordable cost of living. Housing, health care and groceries can all be found at budget-friendly prices, which contribute to a greater quality of life in the area. Hixson also offers a fairly short average commute time, thanks to its convenient location. Whether you choose to work in Hixson or somewhere else in Chattanooga, you'll be able to spend less time driving to and from work, and more time enjoying the local amenities and attractions.
The Northgate Mall, one of the two major shopping malls in all of Chattanooga, is a popular spot in Hixson. It's home to many well-known retailers, as well as a movie theater. Greenway Farms, where you can enjoy canoeing, hiking, outdoor sports and a large dog park, is another well-known destination in Hixson. Or you can visit the Chickamauga Dam, which functions as part of Hixson's eastern border.
The Hamilton County Department of Education serves the public schools of Hixson. Throughout the Chattanooga metro area, you can find a handful of options for private schooling.
Resources for Moving to Hixson
Here are a few handy resources to help you get ready for your move to Hixson:
- Utilities: The Hamilton County WWTA and the Eastside Utility District are Hixson's primary utilities providers.
- Garbage and Recycling: As part of the larger Chattanooga area, Hixson receives trash and recycling collection services for most of its residential areas.
- Transportation: The Chattanooga Area Regional Transit Authority operates a large network of public transit routes throughout the metro area. However, personal vehicles remain the most common form of transportation.
Because it's considered a neighborhood of Chattanooga, Hixson's housing market is priced fairly similarly to the larger city. There are a mix of small, older homes at budget-friendly prices and spacious, updated properties at higher prices. Whether you're looking to rent or buy, you should be able to find something that fits your needs and budget with relative ease.