Storage Types in East Ridge
- Boat Storage Units in East Ridge, TN
- Businesss Storage Units in East Ridge, TN
- Vehicle Storage Units in East Ridge, TN
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in East Ridge, TN
- RV Storage Units in East Ridge, TN
Other Storage Unit Options in East Ridge, TN
Storage Unit Sizes in East Ridge
About East Ridge
East Ridge is a midsize city in Tennessee's Hamilton County, located on the Tennessee-Georgia state line and surrounded on three sides by the large city of Chattanooga. East Ridge is conveniently connected to Chattanooga via a series of underground highway tunnels called the Bachman Tubes.
The History of East Ridge
East Ridge was founded in 1819, though as part of the Chattanooga metropolitan area, it can trace its history to British colonization in 1663. This region of the United States played a key role in the Civil War and suffered many setbacks, including floods, fires and disease. However, its economy has flourished for much of its history, and East Ridge owes much of its rich cultural heritage to Chattanooga.
Living in East Ridge
East Ridge boasts a small-town atmosphere that makes it a convenient and attractive home base from which to commute to Chattanooga, which is only 3 miles away. You'll find quiet suburban streets, a quaint downtown area and an array of other attractions within the city limits. There are also everyday conveniences like grocery stores, coffee shops and shopping venues throughout the city.
There are plenty of things to do and see in East Ridge, from the beautiful Rock City Gardens to the peaceful Tennessee River Park. An abundance of open green spaces provide scenic grounds to enjoy the area's pleasant, mild weather. The Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park is also a popular destination in the area. East Ridge Antique District is home to several local antique stores, while family-friendly locales like the Creative Discovery Museum offers activities for children of all ages.
East Ridge Schools
Students in East Ridge attend schools in the Hamilton County Department of Education school system. There are several magnet schools available, as well as a wide range of career and college-prep programs. You'll also find two private schools within city limits, both of which are faith-based campuses.
Resources for Moving to East Ridge
Here are a few handy resources to make your move to East Ridge as easy as possible:
- Utilities: The Eastside Utility District is the city's primary water supplier, while the Chattanooga Gas Co. and the Electric Power Board provide energy services.
- Garbage and Recycling: The city provides curbside collection of trash and recyclables. Leaf collection services are also offered in November through February.
- Voting: You can register to vote through the Hamilton County Election Commission.
East Ridge Housing
East Ridge is a very affordable place to live, with prices that are lower than the Chattanooga average. There are many home styles and sizes to choose from, as well as a number of apartments and other rental options.