Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Fridley
- Boat Storage Units in Fridley, MN
- Businesss Storage Units in Fridley, MN
- Vehicle Storage Units in Fridley, MN
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Fridley, MN
- RV Storage Units in Fridley, MN
Other Storage Unit Options in Fridley, MN
Storage Unit Sizes in Fridley
Fridley is a small city in Minnesota's Anoka County. It's part of the Twin Cities area, which includes Minneapolis to the south and St. Paul to the southeast. Fridley is considered one of the "first ring" suburbs, meaning that it shares an immediate border with the city of Minneapolis.
Living in Fridley
As a resident of Fridley, you'll have easy access to plenty of activities including professional football, baseball and soccer, plus a wide array of big-city attractions like world-class museums, galleries and entertainment venues just a half hour north in Minneapolis. As a close suburb of the big city, Fridley has a hometown feel but maintains proximity to plenty of commercial and downtown areas.
One of the most popular spots in Fridley is Springbrook Nature Center, a large park and nature preserve that spans more than 120 acres. You can enjoy 3 miles of trails through wetlands and woods, which are especially popular in the spring and summer months. The nature center, notable for its native plants and wildlife, has been rated as one of the top destinations in the Twin Cities.
Jobs in Fridley
Industry in Fridley is widespread and thriving, with major employers like Medtronic, Cummins, Target and BAE Systems maintaining operations in the area. St. Paul and Minneapolis both receive their water supply from the portion of the Mississippi River that borders Fridley, so the city hosts a major waterworks plant that provides some local jobs. Major employers in Fridley include Medtronic, Cummins, Unity Hospital and Target, among others.
Despite a variety of jobs in Fridley, many locals still choose to commute outside the city for work. Because Minneapolis and other cities are so accessible, it's easy to make the daily drive for work.
Fridley School District serves the entire city of Fridley. There are several private schools in the city as well, most of which are faith-based campuses.
Resources for Moving to Fridley
Here's some helpful information to make your move to Fridley a bit easier:
- Utilities: The city utilities department manages distribution and billing of water and sewer services. CenterPoint Energy supplies natural gas, while Xcel Energy provides electricity.
- Garbage and Recycling: You can expect your trash to be collected on a weekly basis, and recyclables are picked up every other week. You also have the option of signing up for organic waste collection services.
- Transportation: Metro Transit operates a handful of public transit lines through Fridley.
Most locals describe Fridley as having a hometown feel but near the big city, and its housing market reflects this description. Character-rich, cozy suburban neighborhoods offer homes with grassy yards and nearby parks, attracting many families to the area. The city also has a diverse rental market. With so many options, you should be able to easily find something that works for you.