Storage Types in Golden Valley
- Boat Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- Businesss Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- Vehicle Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- RV Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
Other Storage Unit Options in Golden Valley, MN
Storage Unit Sizes in Golden Valley
- 5x5 Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- 5x10 Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- 5x15 Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- 10x10 Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- 10x15 Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- 10x20 Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- 10x25 Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
- 10x30 Storage Units in Golden Valley, MN
About Golden Valley
Golden Valley is a small community located within Minnesota's Twin Cities metropolitan area. It takes its name from the local plants, although no one's quite sure whether the name refers to its wild daffodils or its rolling wheat fields.
The History of Golden Valley
Before settlers ever arrived in the area that's now Golden Valley, the Sioux and Chippewa Native American tribes maintained camps on the banks of nearby Medicine Lake. In the 1850s, the first non-native settlers arrived in the area, and the town of Golden Valley was incorporated in 1886.
It began as an agricultural town with just a few hundred residents, but its population grew rapidly once the Electric Luce Line Railroad was built through the village in 1912. In 1910, just 692 people lived in Golden Valley. Thirty years later, the number of locals had swelled to 2,040. Further development followed after the Second World War. In 1972, Golden Valley was finally recognized as a city.
Jobs in Golden Valley
Golden Valley's proximity to downtown Minneapolis and easy access to major roadways have made it a key commercial and industrial center. Unemployment in Golden Valley is lower than the national average, and job opportunities are continuing to grow at a steady rate. With more jobs per capita than in many other cities in the Twin Cities metro area, you probably won't struggle to find work.
The local economy is incredibly diverse, providing jobs in a variety of sectors including retail, agriculture, banking, health care, transportation, technology and manufacturing. Well-known companies including General Mills, 3M, US Bancorp and United Healthcare are all located in or around Golden Valley. These businesses help strengthen Golden Valley's economy.
Golden Valley Schools
Golden Valley is served by two public school districts: Hopkins Public Schools (Independent School District 270) and Robbinsdale Area Schools (Independent School District 281). There are a few private Catholic schools in Golden Valley. The city's Perpich Center for Arts Education works with local educators, schools and youth organizations to provide arts education. The center is also home to a tuition-free, public high school focused on an arts-based education.
Resources for Moving to Golden Valley
As you prepare for your move to Golden Valley, the following information will be helpful:
- Utilities: Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy are the primary energy providers in Golden Valley. The city oversees its own water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: There are several residential waste disposal companies for you to choose from, providing curbside collection for most single-family homes.
- Transportation: Metro Transit operates a network of routes in Golden Valley and its neighboring communities.
Golden Valley Housing
Golden Valley has a range of housing options, from suburban family homes to high-rise condos. Many local properties date back to the 1950s and '60s, so they have a charming, retro feel. Single-family homes make up more than 70 percent of Golden Valley's property market, but you'll still find a variety of condominiums, townhouses and apartments.