Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in East Hazel Crest
- Boat Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- Businesss Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- Vehicle Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- RV Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
Other Storage Unit Options in East Hazel Crest, IL
Storage Unit Sizes in East Hazel Crest
- 5x5 Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- 5x10 Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- 5x15 Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- 10x10 Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- 10x15 Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- 10x20 Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- 10x25 Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
- 10x30 Storage Units in East Hazel Crest, IL
About East Hazel Crest
Known as the "Best Little Village in Illinois," East Hazel Crest is a very small community located about 20 miles south of Chicago. Though Cook County and the area surrounding the village have grown significantly over the past half-century, East Hazel Crest has remained small and intimate. The village still covers just 400 acres in the span of just a few square blocks.
Living in East Hazel Crest
A portion of the village is zoned for commercial and industrial use, but the vast majority of the small village is zoned for residential enjoyment. Most residents own or rent single-family homes within easy reach of the Metra commuter line. This tight-knit community is just a short drive or train ride to Chicago, and it also provides easy access to neighboring communities in Indiana and Michigan via the Tri-State Tollway.
Jobs in East Hazel Crest
East Hazel Crest might be a small community, but it boasts several local employers in a number of fields. On the eastern side of the village, the Super 8 Motel employs hospitality professionals, and Public Storage employs storage and relocation experts. On the western side of the village, Grand Prairie Services provides a range of health care jobs, while Elsie's and Benos offer food service positions. The South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association and East Hazel Crest Village Administration both provide a number of government jobs in the small community.
The East Hazel Crest area is home to several local industries. The largest in the area are trade and transportation, leisure and hospitality, professional and business services and government.
East Hazel Crest Schools
Students who live in East Hazel Crest attend Hazel Crest School District 152 1/2. Students in the district attend the Barack Obama Learning Academy and the Jesse White Learning Academy.
If you're looking for post-secondary education, you can choose from nearby Purdue University, St. Xavier University, or the dozens of colleges and universities in Chicago.
Resources for Moving to East Hazel Crest
Here's some helpful information for planning your move to East Hazel Crest:
- Utilities: The village public works department manages water and sewer services. Commonwealth Electric is the community's energy provider.
- Garbage and Recycling: Homewood Disposal collects trash, recyclables and yard waste on a regular schedule. Yard waste is generally only collected during the spring, summer and early fall.
- Transportation: The most convenient form of public transportation in and through Hazel Crest is the Metra line.
East Hazel Crest Housing
Because East Hazel Crest is an extremely small community, housing options are somewhat limited. However, the market does offer some choices for both renting and buying. Overall, housing is far less expensive in East Hazel Crest than many of its neighboring communities.