Storage Types in Oakland Park
- Boat Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- Businesss Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- RV Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
Other Storage Unit Options in Oakland Park, FL
Storage Unit Sizes in Oakland Park
- 5x5 Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Oakland Park, FL
About Oakland Park
Located in the center of South Florida and just 5 miles north of Fort Lauderdale, the city of Oakland Park has the distinction of being one of the oldest communities in Broward County. In its early days, Oakland Park was a small agricultural center, and it has now developed into a bustling community covering 8 square miles with a well-known library, parks and recreational programs.
Living in Oakland Park
Oakland Park is home to a diverse population that has been steadily growing for several decades. Despite its rapid growth, the city has maintained a small-town feel while providing plenty of big-city amenities. The large number of parks in the community include dog-friendly "bark parks," large green spaces with exercise paths and several children's play areas. Sports, summer camps and enrichment programs are all popular activities for the families of Oakland Park.
In addition to its parks, Oakland Park is known for its Downtown Culinary Arts District, well-kept residential neighborhoods and easy access to Florida's highway network. You can easily access Oakland Park's big-city neighbors and take advantage of their dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining options, all while being able to head home to a quiet suburban community.
Jobs in Oakland Park
Oakland Park has evolved significantly from its agricultural days and now boasts a diverse economy. Education and government organizations Broward County Public Schools and the city of Oakland Park, respectively, are two of the largest employers in the city. Manufacturers Steel Fabricators and Broward Paper & Packaging also provide hundreds of local jobs, as do retailers Albertsons, Home Depot and Publix Super Markets.
In the greater Oakland Park area, the largest industries include trade and transportation, professional and business services, government, and education and health services. If you're looking for a job in Oakland Park, you may also want to consider the fast-growing leisure and hospitality industry.
Oakland Park Schools
Broward County Public Schools manages the public schools of Oakland Park. There are a few private schools in Oakland Park, with a balance of faith-based and secular campuses to choose from.
Resources for Moving to Oakland Park
The following info will help to make moving to Oakland Park easier:
- Utilities: Water services are facilitated by the city, and activation requires a deposit for all residents. Most homes in the area receive electricity from Florida Power & Light (FPL).
Garbage and Recycling: Trash is collected twice a week, while recyclables are collected weekly.
- Transportation: Oakland Park is served by the large and well-connected Broward County Transit system.
Oakland Park Housing
Most Oakland Park neighborhoods take their appearance seriously, and the organization Proud Oakland Park ties the city together with standards for both public and private areas. The city is divided into several residential and commercial neighborhoods on the east side of Interstate 95 and numerous parks and waterways on the west side. Oakland Park is also home to many neighborhood and condominium associations. These factors translate to excellent property values, which is good news if you're hoping to make an investment that lasts.