Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Davie
- Boat Storage Units in Davie, FL
- Businesss Storage Units in Davie, FL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Davie, FL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Davie, FL
- RV Storage Units in Davie, FL
Other Storage Unit Options in Davie, FL
Davie is a flourishing town in Broward County Florida, home to a rapidly growing population. Despite its fairly large size, Davie is considered a town rather than a city, one of the largest communities in the nation to be labeled as such.
Originally founded in the early 1900s, the town was established by excavating the area from Everglades land that was primarily underwater. The settlement was first called Zona, but then was renamed after one of its main developers, R.P. Davie.
Living in Davie
Davie covers just 25 square miles but features over 165 miles of trails and several parks. Particularly popular for those living the equestrian lifestyle, the town has a distinctly Western vibe, and it's not unusual to spot residents on horseback as often as in cars. The Bergeron Rodeo Grounds has roots in the town's Western culture, but has since been expanded to host a large variety of local events including car shows, dog shows and the circus.
The city also has a rich university culture, serving as the home of the South Florida Education Center. Within just 1 square mile, you have access to Broward College, McFatter Technical College, Nova Southeastern University, Florida Atlantic University and the University of Florida.
You can explore the natural setting of Davie at Flamingo Gardens, a large aviary, botanical garden and wildlife sanctuary. With over 60 acres and five ecosystem exhibits, the establishment is home to thousands of tropical plants and a variety of animals including otters, alligators, black bears, bald eagles and macaws.
Jobs in Davie
Davie is a predominantly white-collar town. A large percentage of residents work in office and administration positions, while sales and management also make up a significant number of jobs. Because Davie is home to so many institutes of higher education, it also has a variety of education and support positions to consider. Retail and health care follow closely behind, making up another major portion of the Davie economy.
You may want to consider starting with the city's largest employers when looking for a job in Davie. Actavis, Costco, Publix, Target and Walmart are just a few of the major job providers in the area.
Davie public schools are operated by Broward County Public Schools. There are also many private school campuses in the city, ranging from parochial and Montessori schools to schools specially-designed for children with learning challenges.
As the home of the South Florida Education Center, Davie is rich with options for higher education. You can choose from more than six different campuses to pursue your degree of choice.
Resources for Moving to Davie
Here's some handy information to simplify your move to Davie:
- Utilities: Florida Power & Light (FPL) is the city's primary energy provider. The town of Davie, city of Sunrise and private utility companies provide water to Davie residents.
- Garbage and Recycling: The town of Davie receives garbage and recycling services from Waste Management, including curbside collection in most residential areas. You'll need to contact the company to set up your individual account.
- Transportation: A series of bus and shuttle routes provide public transportation around Davie, including to most of the city's college and university campuses.
- Voting: You must register at least 29 days before an election if you want to vote.
Home prices in Davie are considerably higher than the Florida state averages and more expensive than many other cities in the United States. However, a fairly active housing market means there are plenty of options, so you can find something to fit your needs and budget.