Storage Types in Weston
- Boat Storage Units in Weston, FL
- Businesss Storage Units in Weston, FL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Weston, FL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Weston, FL
- RV Storage Units in Weston, FL
Other Storage Unit Options in Weston, FL
Weston is a master-planned community in southern Florida that was specifically designed to be a welcoming home for families in Broward County. In the past few decades, it has grown rapidly, attracting many people with its safe neighborhoods, plentiful amenities and family-friendly parks. Weston has earned many "best of" titles from major publications, including being labeled as one of the best towns for families, the best place to live in Florida and one of the top affordable suburbs in the U.S.
Living in Weston
Between 1990 and 2015, Weston's population grew many times over, increasing from just over 9,000 to nearly 70,000 people. Much of this growth was due to its official establishment in 1996, after extensive development by the same company that played a large role in creating Walt Disney World. The city offers highly-rated schools, a number of local parks and recreational facilities, and lush surroundings, and was designed with the goal of providing everything a resident could need, within its city limits.
The city operates a volunteer organization that manages city-wide sports leagues for both children and adults. With thousands of locals participating in one of the many city sports teams, Weston is now home to one of the largest competitive soccer clubs in the country, as well as the state's largest rugby club. Throughout the city, you can also find several golf clubs, most of which feature 18-hole courses.
With a scenic location next to the Florida Everglades, Weston is a city with many green spaces and public parks. Most of its local parks feature athletic fields, children's playgrounds, walking trails and picnic areas. Weston Regional Park is among the largest in the city and hosts the local YMCA. There, locals enjoy swimming pools, more than 25 athletic fields and courts, hiking trails, and a large event stage.
In addition to its many recreational amenities, Weston offers plenty of shopping and dining options. The Weston Town Center is a high-end shopping complex that houses several jewelers, luxury boutiques and fine dining restaurants. Everyday conveniences like grocery stores, coffee shops and big-box retailers are spread throughout the community.
Schools in Weston fall under the jurisdiction of Broward County Public School District. There are also many private and charter schools throughout the community, as well as two small campuses for higher education.
Resources for Moving to Weston
If you're planning a move to Weston, the following information will be helpful:
- Utilities: The City of Sunrise Utilities Department provides water services (including billing) to homes in Weston. Florida Power & Light is the city's electricity provider, and some areas of Weston receive natural gas services from PECO.
- Garbage and Recycling: Republic Services provides trash and recycling collection. Your collection services are automatically activated when you open a water service account.
- Transportation: Broward County Transit provides public bus service throughout the county.
- Pets: All dogs and cats in Broward County must be licensed and vaccinated for rabies.
Because Weston was developed primarily in the 1990s, most of the homes were constructed then. Home prices are above the national average, and houses also tend to be more expensive than average for the greater Miami metro area. However, the market is fairly large and varied, so you can browse many options until you find something that fits your needs and budget. Popular features of Weston homes include private swimming pools, lush landscaping and generous square footage.