Storage Types in Miami Lakes
- Boat Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- Businesss Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- RV Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
Other Storage Unit Options in Miami Lakes, FL
Storage Unit Sizes in Miami Lakes
- 5x5 Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Miami Lakes, FL
About Miami Lakes
The town of Miami Lakes is a growing suburb of Miami, Florida. It's home to a thriving Hispanic community, with many young families attracted by its convenient amenities and family-friendly community.
The History of Miami Lakes
The plan for Miami Lakes started more than over 50 years ago, with development still continuing today. When the Graham Cos. purchased the land in 1962, it was just a dairy farm; but the Graham family decided to create a master plan for a new city. The plan included decades-long plans for growth, change and construction. This unique planning approach, incorporating time and change into a long-term development approach, proved to be one of the reasons the city became so successful.
The original plans for the city are still used in new plans and ongoing development. Miami Lakes was officially incorporated in 2000.
Living in Miami Lakes
Miami Lakes has a variety of amenities to make everyday life convenient and enjoyable. Grocery stores and convenience stores are all readily accessible, and with a number of hospitals and medical facilities, it's easy to access the health care you need. In addition, there are two colleges located in the city to help you further your education. Businesses include entertainment options such as movie theaters and playhouses and several dining options throughout the city.
Miami Lakes is also host to a number of community events, ranging from large holiday celebrations to small, weekly farmers markets. If you have children, they can join the Sports-a-Palooza event, hosted by the local Youth Activities Task Force. Cultural celebrations, jazz concerts in the park and health fairs are just a few of the other events you can enjoy as a Miami Lakes local.
Miami Lakes Schools
Miami Lakes is part of the Miami-Dade County Public School District. The Miami Lakes Vocational Center is the local magnet campus, while private campuses such as Our Lady of the Lakes offer an alternative to public education.
Resources for Moving to Miami Lakes
As you're preparing for your move to Miami Lakes, here are a few resources that may be helpful:
- Utilities: Florida Power & Light (FPL) is the primary energy provider in the Miami Lakes area. Water and sewer services are facilitated by Miami-Dade County.
- Garbage and Recycling: You can expect regular collection of trash and recyclables in most areas of Miami Lakes.
- Transportation: The town offers a free, fixed-route bus line called the Miami Lakes Moover. From the Moover, you can easily access connections to the Metrobus and Metrorail, which provide transportation around the greater Miami area.
Miami Lakes Housing
The median home price in Miami Lakes is fairly even with the averages for the larger Miami metropolitan area, but considerably higher than some other suburban communities in the area. Prices are also rising, which is good news if you're hoping to make a sound investment. The rental market also provides plenty of options at several different price points.