Storage Types in Saugus
- Boat Storage Units in Saugus, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Saugus, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Saugus, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Saugus, CA
- RV Storage Units in Saugus, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Saugus, CA
Saugus is one of four large neighborhoods that make up the city of Santa Clarita, considered part of the Greater Los Angeles metropolitan area. It was a distinct unincorporated community until 1987, when it merged with those three other communities to create Santa Clarita. One of its best-known landmarks is the Saugus Cafe, opened in 1887 and one of the county's oldest restaurants.
Living in Saugus
Saugus is made up of primarily residential neighborhoods, with most locals commuting outside of the community's borders for work.
Saugus and the entire Santa Clarita area have a longstanding reputation for their fresh produce. Long before the railroads arrived, the area hosted its fair share of citrus groves and other crops. Today, people in Saugus celebrate that heritage with a number of farmers markets and produce stands. Two-wheeled transportation is a well-recognized Saugus tradition. Locals popularly use bicycles for both transportation and exercise, and you'll also find an abundance of motorcyclists on the city streets.
Things to Do in Saugus
Saugus is an ideal place to live if you enjoy an active lifestyle or the great outdoors. There are a number of pedestrian-friendly walking paths, a network of bike lanes and trails, and several horseback riding paths. You'll also find plenty of parks in Saugus and the surrounding area, providing children's play spaces, picnic areas and open green space.
Several annual festivals and events take place in Santa Clarita and Saugus. For instance, the Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival provides a fun excuse to dress up in cowboy hats and boots to celebrate the city's Western heritage. During the summer months, citizens can attend concerts in the local parks or go for a swim in the Santa Clara River.
Saugus School District Information
The Saugus Union School District and the William S. Hart Union High School District serve the public schools of Saugus. The local high schools have earned recognition for their extremely high number of graduates who move on to college or trade school.
Resources for Moving to Saugus
Here are a few resources that can help you organize your move to Saugus:
- Utilities: Southern California Edison provides electricity in Saugus and the surrounding area. The Santa Clarita Water District manages local water services.
- Garbage and Recycling: Your specific neighborhood will determine your trash and recyclables collection schedule, but you can generally expect pick-up once a week.
- Transportation: Public bus and passenger train routes provide transportation in and around Saugus. You can also access Los Angeles, Burbank and other large metro areas via a network of commuter buses.
Saugus and the larger Santa Clarita area have a variety of housing options to choose from, making it easy to find something that's a good fit for you. However, you should expect to pay considerably more for housing here than in other parts of the country.