Storage Types in Mountain View
- Boat Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- RV Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Mountain View, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Mountain View
- 5x5 Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- 5x10 Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- 5x15 Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- 10x10 Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- 10x15 Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- 10x20 Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- 10x25 Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
- 10x30 Storage Units in Mountain View, CA
About Mountain View
Mountain View is a large suburb in California's Santa Clara County, bordering the cities of Palo Alto and Sunnyvale as well as San Francisco Bay. Although it may be considered a small city by California standards, it's been growing at an impressive rate in the past several years. During the week, the population swells dramatically due to the large influx of commuters who work at the city's many large businesses.
Living in Mountain View
Several factors have contributed to Mountain View's growth, including a strong economy, pleasant residential neighborhoods with wonderful parks and services, and a strong and diversified economy.
Mountain View sits between two large cities and the Santa Cruz Mountains of eastern California. Located 15 minutes from San Jose and about 35 minutes from San Francisco, there are plenty of big-city attractions just a short drive away. At home, you can enjoy the peaceful scenic beauty of the area, a bustling and thriving small downtown area, plus services and conveniences that include free parks and upscale art and cultural entertainment at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts.
If you're an outdoors enthusiast, you can hike the nearby Santa Cruz Mountains, take a relaxed stroll through one of the many local parks or bike through the city's network of trails.
Jobs in Mountain View
Mountain View is considered part of Silicon Valley, California's hub for technology-based businesses. The city is home to some of the largest technology, biotechnology and telecommunications companies in the world. Google's global headquarters, Googleplex is located here, as is NASA's Ames Research Laboratory.
If you're planning to look for a job in Mountain View, you'll find a number of jobs at the city's large technology companies. Among the largest employers in the area are Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Intuit. El Camino Hospital also provides a number of local jobs.
Mountain View Schools
Mountain View public schools are served by several different school districts, and the city is home to many highly-rated schools. There are also several nationally-recognized private schools in Mountain View, including parochial and international campuses.
Resources for Moving to Mountain View
Here's a collection of resources to help simplify your move to Mountain View:
- Utilities: Pacific Gas and electric is the city's central energy provider. The City of Mountain View manages residential water services, and you can request service activation on their website.
- Garbage and Recycling: You can expect regular collection of trash and recyclables in most areas of Mountain View.
- Transportation: At the Downtown Mountain View Station, you can access the city's many public transportation options, including light rail, bus and shuttle. There are several commuter rail options as well, providing easy access to San Francisco.
Mountain View Housing
Mountain View is one of the most expensive housing markets in California, with a median home price close to four times the state average. However, diverse properties such as single-story ranch homes, condominiums and multifamily units present affordable options for housing.