Storage Types in Sunnyvale
- Boat Storage Units in Sunnyvale, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Sunnyvale, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Sunnyvale, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Sunnyvale, CA
- RV Storage Units in Sunnyvale, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Sunnyvale, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Sunnyvale
Sunnyvale is a city in the San Francisco Bay area, known for its scenic suburban setting, low crime rate and numerous parks. It's one of the major cities in Silicon Valley and home to some of the nation's most successful tech companies, including Apple, Google and Yahoo! Inc.
The diverse community of Sunnyvale has been steadily growing over the past several decades, with many people attracted by the variety of job opportunities in the area.
Things to Do in Sunnyvale
Sunnyvale is less than an hour from the Pacific Ocean and close to California's famous redwood forests and Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada, both of which offer year-round outdoor activities. The city is also home to several hundred acres of parks and green spaces, including Charles Street Garden, a large community garden.
The greater Sunnyvale area features theaters, concert halls, museums, libraries and art galleries, while the city itself offers a variety of shopping and dining options. There are many unique neighborhoods and regions in Sunnyvale, including Murphy Avenue, an eclectic historic business district located downtown.
Sunnyvale schools are managed by three main districts: Sunnyvale School District, Cupertino Union School District and the Santa Clara Unified School District. Because California has an open enrollment policy, you can send your child to any school in the district, including charter schools (as long as there's space).
Sunnyvale is located near many well-known educational institutions, including Stanford University, San Jose State University, Santa Clara University and the University of California, Berkeley. Additionally, Foothill, De Anza, West Valley and Mission Community Colleges and Cogswell College are only minutes away, offering a diversity of educational opportunities.
Resources for Moving to Sunnyvale
Here are a few resources to help make your move to Sunnyvale easier:
- Utilities: All municipal electricity services are provided by Silicon Valley Clean Energy, which uses 100 percent green energy. The city of Sunnyvale manages water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: The city of Sunnyvale partners with Specialty Solid Waste & Recycling to provide collection of trash and recyclables.
- Transportation: The city is served by both the Caltrain commuter rail and the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority.
Sunnyvale Housing Options
Although the median home and rent prices in Sunnyvale are considerably higher than the national average, the city provides several programs to assist both homebuyers and renters. You'll find that the majority of residential areas are in southern Sunnyvale, with many homes in the mid-century modern style made famous by developer Joseph Eichler.