Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Belmont
- Boat Storage Units in Belmont, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Belmont, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Belmont, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Belmont, CA
- RV Storage Units in Belmont, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Belmont, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Belmont
Belmont is a quickly-growing city in the San Francisco Bay Area, located at the halfway point between San Francisco and San Jose. Because the city is so close to many of the big cities by the bay, you'll enjoy easy access to shopping, dining and entertainment. However, you don't have to leave the area to have a good time. In Belmont, there are plenty of entertainment, recreation and dining options.
The History of Belmont
Settled in the 1850s, the area that's now Belmont started with just a few families and a hotel known as Angelo's Hotel. Belmont earned its official listing in the register of California Post Offices in 1854. In its early years, Belmont and the surrounding area were primarily used for cattle farming and ranching. Not long after, the town started to grow, and a store and wharf opened in 1857. Belmont incorporated in 1926 and was the 11th city in the county to incorporate.
Jobs in Belmont
Many people in Belmont choose to commute to the largest Bay Area cities for work, with close proximity providing convenient access to a wide range of jobs. However, if you'd prefer to stay in town, there are several large employers in Belmont. Oracle, Cengage Learning, Volkswagen and Nikon Precision provide many jobs.
The elementary and middle schools in Belmont are part of the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District, while the high schools are under the jurisdiction of the Sequoia Union High School District. There are several private schools in Belmont, with both parochial and secular options.
If you're considering higher education, Notre Dame de Namur University has a small campus in the city. You can also attend any one of the many schools in nearby cities.
Resources for Moving to Belmont
Here's a handy guide to help you plan your move to Belmont:
- Utilities: Pacific Gas & Electric is the city's central energy supplier, while the Mid-Pen Water District handles water services for the majority of the city.
- Garbage and Recycling: The city provides curbside collection of trash, recyclables and organic waste once a week. If you're going to live in a single-family home, you'll have bulky-item pick-up twice a year.
- Transportation: SamTrans provides public transportation in and around Belmont, and the city is fairly bicycle-friendly as well.
The median home price in Belmont is significantly higher than the California average, due in part to its Bay Area location. You'll have your choice of a variety of apartments, condominiums and single-family homes throughout the city, making it easier to find something to fit your needs.