Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Foster City
- Boat Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- RV Storage Units in Foster City, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Foster City, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Foster City
- 5x5 Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- 5x10 Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- 5x15 Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- 10x10 Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- 10x15 Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- 10x20 Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- 10x25 Storage Units in Foster City, CA
- 10x30 Storage Units in Foster City, CA
About Foster City
Foster City is a small but steadily growing city in California's San Mateo County, often considered a part of the high-tech Silicon Valley. It's earned the prestigious label of one of the safest cities in the entire nation, and it is home to a diverse community of people from a variety of backgrounds. Several national publications have ranked it among the best places to live in the U.S., citing its safe neighborhoods, top-rated education and convenient amenities.
The History of Foster City
In 1958, developer T. Jack Foster decided he wanted to build a new city on Brewer's Island. Thus, Foster City was wholly conceived as a planned community from the beginning. It was incorporated in 1971 after several financial issues with the creation of the town. Because the town was originally in debt and needed bonds, the taxes have historically been very high. However, Foster City has continued to grow and bring in both businesses and residents through the decades.
Living in Foster City
Foster City is home to a large number of parks and recreational facilities. This provides a wide range of opportunities for both children and adults to take part in community programs and enjoy the mild California weather. You can enroll your children and teens in a variety of sports leagues and educational programs, or take advantage of some of the local classes yourself.
Foster City is home to over 16 miles of canals, with the scenic Leo J. Ryan Park Memorial lagoon at the center. The lagoon is the perfect setting for paddle boarding, kayaking or boating , and the bordering lawns often host picnickers and sunbathers. Regular events like the Fourth of July fireworks show, the Polynesian Festival and canoe races are also held at Leo J. Ryan Memorial Park.
If you're planning to join the job market in Foster City, you'll find a variety of jobs in several different industries. The top employers in the area include Gilead Sciences, Visa, Innovant LLC and Guidewire Software.
Foster City Schools
The San Mateo-Foster City School District manages the public primary schools in the city, while the San Mateo Union High School District serves all public secondary schools. In addition to traditional elementary, middle and high schools, the districts also offer a number of magnet schools and an adult school. Most of the schools in the district have won state and national awards for their high academic achievement and performance.
Resources for Moving to Foster City
Here are a few helpful resources to simplify your move to Foster City:
- Utilities: The Foster City utilities department manages public water and sewer services. Peninsula Green Energy is the city's main energy provider.
- Garbage and Recycling: Recology provides regular collection of trash, recyclables and organic waste.
- Transportation: The most popular form of public transportation in Foster City is the SamTrans bus network.
Foster City Housing
Because it's such a desirable place to live, Foster City has an extremely high cost of living. The median home price can stretch well above the million-dollar mark, and the housing market is fairly competitive. However, there's a wide variety of apartments and rental properties in the area, which are often a more budget-friendly option.