Storage Types in Valley Park
- Boat Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- Businesss Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- Vehicle Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- RV Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
Other Storage Unit Options in Valley Park, MO
Storage Unit Sizes in Valley Park
- 5x5 Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- 5x10 Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- 5x15 Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- 10x10 Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- 10x15 Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- 10x20 Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- 10x25 Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
- 10x30 Storage Units in Valley Park, MO
About Valley Park
Valley Park is a small city in eastern Missouri, with a family-friendly community and plentiful amenities. The city is home to several local attractions, like the World Bird Sanctuary, as well as numerous community parks and award-winning schools.
The History of Valley Park
Valley Park has long attracted residents of nearby St. Louis as well as tourists from near and far. Just a few dozen residents called Valley Park home in the late 19th century, but the arrival of the railroad in the 1880s brought numerous travelers to the growing resort area. A post office, a distillery, a mill and a general store contributed to the town's growth, and the construction of St. Louis Plate Glass Co. brought hundreds of new residents to the area in 1907.
Several other manufacturing companies followed suit shortly thereafter, leading to a major boom in population. When the city was incorporated in 1917, it was a flourishing resort town along the Meramec River. Today, Valley Park is home to several thousand residents and offers quick access to downtown St. Louis. Though it's no longer a resort town, it boasts numerous parks and green spaces filled with trails, picnic facilities, athletic fields and much more.
Jobs in Valley Park
Valley Park is home to businesses in the retail, finance, education and personal services sectors, among others. In the financial field, some of the city's largest employers include Fifth Third Bank, Meramec Valley Bank and Rockwood Bank. The city's largest educational employers include Lakeside Children's Academy and Kinder Care Learning Center,and its biggest personal care service companies include Back Stage Hair Design, Towne Clipper and Stonegate Pet Grooming. Together, these companies provide many different local jobs.
If you're in need of a job in Valley Park, you can start your search in the city's flourishing industries: education and health services, trade and transportation, construction and government.
Valley Park Schools
Area students attend Valley Park School District, which has received numerous local and national awards for its high-performing schools, test scores and athletic achievements.
Resources for Moving to Valley Park
As you prepare to move to Valley Park, you may find the following resources useful:
- Utilities: The city's public works department manages water and sewer services. AmerenUE is the primary electricity provider.
- Garbage and Recycling: The city provides trash and recycling collection services.
- Transportation: The St. Louis Metro Transit system operates routes through Valley Park and most of the nearby communities.
Valley Park Housing
Valley Park has four main residential subdivisions: Glen Eagles, Highland Village, Crescent Oaks and Crescent Springs. Housing options aren't limited to these subdivisions, but those are among the most popular places to live in the city. Valley Park homes are affordable, with a median home price that's lower than the national average.