Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Fairfield
- Boat Storage Units in Fairfield, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Fairfield, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Fairfield, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Fairfield, CA
- RV Storage Units in Fairfield, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Fairfield, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Fairfield
Fairfield is a thriving city in the North Bay region of California's San Francisco Bay, spanning nearly 40 square miles. The city is generally considered a midpoint between Sacramento and San Francisco, situated about 40 miles from the center of each. Fairfield has seen consistent growth over the past several decades, drawing plenty of new people with its convenient location, healthy economy and pleasant weather.
Fairfield Past and Present
Fairfield's history goes back thousands of years, with recently discovered artifacts suggesting that it was the site of some of Northern California's oldest Native American settlements. There was no European presence in the area until the early 19th century, when the Spanish attacked the natives who inhabited the area. At the beginning of the 20th century, Fairfield was officially incorporated as a town.
Today, Fairfield is a strong community with a diverse population of families and young people. There's also a strong focus on culture in the city. If you love the outdoors, there are two top-notch golf courses as well as several outdoor recreational areas where you can hike and enjoy Northern California's natural beauty.
Jobs in Fairfield
You'll find that Fairfield is home to many people who commute to San Francisco for work. Although the larger city is 40 miles away, you may find it worth the commute because the cost of living is a bit lower in Fairfield.
The unemployment rate in Fairfield is above the national average, but nevertheless the area has a strong economy. Travis Air Force Base is in the area, contributing greatly to Fairfield's economy as the city's largest employer. Other employers that provide a significant number of jobs in Fairfield include the County of Solano, the local school district and NorthBay Medical Center.
The Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District manages public schools in the city of Fairfield. You can also enroll your child in one of the city's private schools, with both faith-based and secular campuses to choose from.
Resources for Moving to Fairfield
Here are a few handy resources to make your move to Fairfield as easy as possible:
- Utilities: Fairfield Electric Cooperative provides power to the city. The City of Fairfield manages public water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: You can expect your trash, recyclables and green waste to be collected curbside on a regular basis.
- Transportation: Most public transit options meet at the Fairfield Transportation Center. There, you have your pick of several commuter buses, vanpools and the park-and-ride program. You can also take a connecting bus route to catch Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART).
The median home price in Fairfield is over the state average but relatively affordable when compared to the astronomical costs in other parts of the Bay Area. Fairfield is a popular home base for commuters, so the housing market is fairly active and competitive.