Storage Types in Whitehall
- Boat Storage Units in Whitehall, PA
- Businesss Storage Units in Whitehall, PA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Whitehall, PA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Whitehall, PA
- RV Storage Units in Whitehall, PA
Other Storage Unit Options in Whitehall, PA
Storage Unit Sizes in Whitehall
Whitehall is a midsize borough in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area, located about 6 miles from the downtown city center. It offers a fairly quiet residential area that's ideal for commuters who work in the busy downtown area of Pittsburgh but want a peaceful suburban lifestyle.
The History of Whitehall
In the 1940s, Whitehall was a part of Baldwin Township. A few of the township's wards elected to attempt secession, filing their petition in October 1946. The goal was to establish their own independent borough, but township officials rushed to prevent the motion. An emergency meeting resulted in Baldwin Township being incorporated as a borough itself, which made it far more difficult for the wards to secede. Less than two years later, the community of Whitehall separated from the township, becoming an independent municipality.
Many locals believe the community is named for Silas D. Prior's tavern, which was called White Hall in the 1850s. Though the tavern still stands, it's now a part of Brentwood.
Living in Whitehall
Whitehall offers many amenities, including six ball fields and playgrounds, four tennis courts, and a public swimming pool. Four PAT bus lines offer convenient transportation into downtown, which is also easily accessible via Route 51.
The community library is one of the top-rated libraries in the state, and offers a wide selection of books and materials for check-out, as well as educational programs and clubs. If you enjoy golf, you can join the South Hills Country Club. The club features a swimming pool, restaurant and social events in addition to its golf course. Caste Village is one of the busier parts of the borough, hosting a large portion of its major retail activity. It features a large strip mall as well as a few offices and other buildings.
Students in Whitehall attend the Whitehall-Coplay School District. There are also a few private schools in the community, including a special education campus and a parochial elementary school.
Resources for Moving to Whitehall
As you get ready for your move to Whitehall, the following resources will be useful:
- Utilities: The greater Pittsburgh area receives utilities services from Duquesne Light Co. and Peoples Gas.
- Garbage and Recycling: Most residential areas of Whitehall receive curbside collection of trash and recycling.
- Transportation: Port Authority of Allegheny County serves as the primary public transportation provider throughout the metro area. Transit options include bus, light rail and paratransit services.
- Pets: All dogs must be licensed with the county.
Because Whitehall has a fairly small geographical footprint, housing options can be limited at times. Demand can make the housing market somewhat competitive, and prices are steadily rising. However, this is good news if you're hoping to make a solid investment.