Storage Types in Newtown Square
- Boat Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- Businesss Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- RV Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
Other Storage Unit Options in Newtown Square, PA
Storage Unit Sizes in Newtown Square
- 5x5 Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- 5x10 Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- 5x15 Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- 10x10 Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- 10x15 Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- 10x20 Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- 10x25 Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
- 10x30 Storage Units in Newtown Square, PA
About Newtown Square
Newtown Square is a small community in Pennsylvania's Newtown Township. Although Newtown Township is a fairly large town, Newtown Square is a quiet corner that's home to just a few thousand people. Despite its small size, the community has plenty to offer, including a number of jobs at the headquarters of one of the largest software companies in the world.
The History of Newtown Square
Inhabitants settled and established Newtown Square in 1681, but it wasn't until 1684 that it was officially incorporated. The area's original settlers were Quakers from England and Wales. William Penn planned Newtown Square in 1683, laying out the town to surround the town square. The land was used for farming, and in 1722, the town was home to approximately 75-100 people. Throughout the years, Newtown Square has grown and thrived. Several sites throughout the town, including the Square Tavern and the Paper Mill House, are listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Living in Newtown Square
Newtown Square is a very small, quiet community that offers a peaceful way of life. It has an extremely low crime rate, just a fraction of the national average, making it a very safe place for families, senior citizens and young singles alike. The surrounding Newtown Township offers a range of amenities, including parks, recreational programs, shopping and restaurants.
Even though Newtown Square is a tiny suburb, it was chosen as the headquarters site for major software company SAP North America. The town's convenient location attracted the large company, which provides a number of jobs for Newtown Square locals as well as people commuting from other neighboring cities.
Newtown Square Schools
Students in Newtown Square are enrolled in Marple Newtown School District. In addition to traditional classes, the district also provides a number of advanced placement and honors programs at its secondary schools. There are also a few private and parochial schools in the surrounding area.
Resources for Moving to Newtown Square
Here are a few handy resources to help you plan your move to Newtown Square:
- Utilities: Primary utilities providers in the Newtown Square area include PECO and the Newtown Artesian Water Co.
- Garbage and Recycling: There are no township-provided collection services, but you can easily arrange for pickup with a private company in the area. Ask your neighbors for recommendations to make the selection process easier.
- Transportation: The area is part of the large SEPTA public transportation network, which includes both bus and commuter rail lines.
Newtown Square Housing
Homes in Newtown Square tend to be more expensive than the national average, which is fairly common for most suburbs of Philadelphia. The community is very small, so its housing market can offer limited options at times. However, there are a handful of family-friendly homes in established neighborhoods to consider, as well as new construction houses offering luxurious, modern designs.