Storage Types in Frazer
- Boat Storage Units in Frazer, PA
- Businesss Storage Units in Frazer, PA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Frazer, PA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Frazer, PA
- RV Storage Units in Frazer, PA
Other Storage Unit Options in Frazer, PA
Frazer is a very small township in Pennsylvania's Chester County, located about 300 miles from Pittsburgh and 28 miles from Philadelphia. Despite the fact that it's home to a tiny population, Frazer still offers a variety of amenities. Shopping, dining and recreation are all easily found within the town's borders, and big-city entertainment is also within easy reach.
The History of Frazer
Chester County, where Frazer lies, is one of Pennsylvania's three original counties. William Penn formed the county, along with Bucks and Philadelphia counties, in 1682 under King Charles II of England's charter. The local Robertson School was an important establishment in the Frazer area, responsible for teaching many children in the township in the early 1900s. Unfortunately, a skillet caught fire in its kitchen and burned the building down, and today an apartment building stands on the former site.
Living and Working in Frazer
Frazer is home to the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, a mall that includes several big-box retail stores, a movie theater and many restaurants. You can also enjoy a range of leisure activities at Frazer's Deer Lakes Park. The expansive park features three fishing lakes, several sporting fields, walking and biking trails, and Wagman Observatory, one of the only amateur observatories in western Pennsylvania.
This small township is somewhat of a local secret for its affordable lifestyle, low unemployment rate, and easy access to the large cities of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. The tight-knit community that calls Frazer home is small but friendly, and you'll find that Frazer offers a quiet, enjoyable way of life.
When it comes to local jobs, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills is at the heart of the town's economy. It provides a number of retail-based jobs, as well as food service jobs at its many restaurants. The Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills is adjacent to a smaller but still significant shopping complex called The Village at Pittsburgh Mills. There, you'll find Best Buy, Dollar Tree, Lowe's, Walmart, Sam's Club and many other stores and restaurants. Frazer also has a thriving production, transportation and material moving sector, another industry to consider if you're looking for a job in town.
Great Valley School District oversees the public schools of Chester County. Because Frazer is so small, there aren't many private school options in town. However, it's always possible to make the drive to one of the larger communities nearby to access a wider range of school choices.
Resources for Moving to Frazer
Here are some helpful resources for planning your move to Frazer:
- Utilities: Frazer's primary utility companies include the Fawn-Frazer Joint Water Authority, Frazer Township Authority, West Penn Power and Peoples TWP.
- Garbage and Recycling: The township doesn't provide trash collection services, so it's up to you to choose and contract with a private hauler. You can drop off your recyclables at a handful of facilities around town.
- Transportation: The larger Chester County area offers a number of public transit options, including four public bus companies, two rail lines and a county-wide paratransit service that is available to seniors and disabled citizens.
Homes in Frazer are affordably priced due in part to its small size. Frazer features a mix of small and medium-size family homes, as well as compact apartments. Most were built between 1970 and 1999, although there are also a number of older residences dating back to the 1940s, for people looking for properties with historical charm.