Storage Types in Fairless Hills
- Boat Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- Businesss Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- RV Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
Other Storage Unit Options in Fairless Hills, PA
Storage Unit Sizes in Fairless Hills
- 5x5 Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- 5x10 Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- 5x15 Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- 10x10 Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- 10x15 Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- 10x20 Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- 10x25 Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
- 10x30 Storage Units in Fairless Hills, PA
About Fairless Hills
Fairless Hills is a small community in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. It covers less than 2 square miles in the larger Falls Township and is home to a fairly small population made up of many families with children. Located about an hour outside of Philadelphia, Fairless Hills is a quiet, peaceful place to call home.
The History of Fairless Hills
Like much of Pennsylvania, the area surrounding Fairless Hills has seen a long and storied history. However, the community as it's known today didn't get its start until the mid-20th century. In 1951, developer Danherst Corp. established a series of prefabricated homes in the area. The homes were factory-built by Gunnison Magichomes, a division of U.S. Steel, and the community's development was funded using a $50 million loan.
At the time, Benjamin Fairless was the president of the U.S. Steel Corp. A steel plant near the community was referred to as Fairless Works, where many community residents worked. As a nod to the businessman and the local plant, the new home development was named Fairless Hills.
Living in Fairless Hills
Fairless Hills is a small, quiet community, but it offers close proximity to many larger towns and cities where you can enjoy a variety of entertainment, dining and shopping options. Most locals enjoy a short commute time, thanks to the variety of jobs available in neighboring cities like Levittown. You can also make the drive to Philadelphia for work, or take a quick day trip for shopping, dining or entertainment. There, you'll find plenty of arts and culture options, professional sports teams and major events to enjoy.
A large portion of Fairless Hills is devoted to residential neighborhoods, which makes sense considering its original purpose as a prefabricated home development. You'll find a variety of homes situated on well-sized, grassy lots, providing space for children to play and be outside. The community is quiet and safe, making it an attractive place to raise a family.
Fairless Hills Schools
Pennsbury School District is responsible for the schools in the Fairless Hills area. Options for private schooling are limited within the community due to its small size. However, you can travel to nearby Levittown for alternative education options for your child.
Resources for Moving to Fairless Hills
As you prepare to move to Fairless Hills, the following resources might be useful:
- Utilities: The Township of Falls Water Department manages water and sewer services. PECO is the major electricity provider in the area.
- Garbage and Recycling: Trash and recycling collection services are provided through the Township of Falls.
- Transportation: The surrounding Township of Falls is part of the SEPTA transit network, which covers much of southeastern Pennsylvania.
Fairless Hills Housing
You'll find a mix of single-family homes and apartment complexes in the Fairless Hills area. Many of the single-family homes are the original prefabricated houses from the city's early development, dating back to the 1950s. Some of the houses have been renovated, while others maintain a historical sense of charm. Like many communities in the Philadelphia metro area, Fairless Hills has a higher-than-average median home price.