Storage Types in Rockville Centre
- Boat Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- Businesss Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- Vehicle Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- RV Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
Other Storage Unit Options in Rockville Centre, NY
Storage Unit Sizes in Rockville Centre
- 5x5 Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- 5x10 Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- 5x15 Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- 10x10 Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- 10x15 Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- 10x20 Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- 10x25 Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
- 10x30 Storage Units in Rockville Centre, NY
About Rockville Centre
In Long Island's southwest Nassau County, the community of Rockville Centre boasts a location just outside bustling Manhattan, and a cozy, small-town atmosphere. The village's small size makes much of the town walkable, with quiet streets lined with local shops and restaurants. With New York City less than 45 minutes away, you can easily access some of the world's best entertainment, shopping and restaurants.
Living in Rockville Centre
The convenient Long Island location, the safe small-town feel and the excellent schools have made Rockville Centre a family-friendly spot for Manhattan professionals. In addition, the community is very close to the coastal town of Oceanside and its beaches. During the summer months, you can find yourself relaxing on the beach after just a short drive. Long Island also offers plenty of locations to enjoy hiking, biking, camping, fishing, kayaking and more.
Although Rockville Centre is near many of New York's top destinations, you'll find there are plenty of local activities as well. A variety of businesses, including supermarkets, banks, gyms and restaurants, line Sunrise Highway and Merrick Road. Rockville Links Club is an 18-hole golf course in Rockville Centre, and Molloy College provides a higher education option in a convenient location.
Rockville Centre's recreation center has been named the best on Long Island, offering a number of programs for both children and adults. Summer sports camps, playground groups, preschool programs and community sports leagues provide plenty of options for staying active. The parks and recreation department also hosts many special events, including art shows, holiday celebrations, craft fairs and educational seminars.
Rockville Centre Schools
Rockville Centre Union Free School District has five elementary schools — Covert, Hewitt, Riverside, Watson and Wilson. Grades nine through 12 are typically completed at South Side High School, where the majority of students participate in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
Some Rockville Centre homes are in neighborhoods zoned for nearby schools in Oceanside, Baldwin or Malverne. In addition, students can attend the private St. Agnes Cathedral School, which serves kindergarten through eigth grade.
Resources for Moving to Rockville Centre
As you get ready to move to Rockville Centre, the following resources can make the process easier:
- Utilities: The Rockville Water Department manages water and sewer services. The town's electric department facilitates electricity services via Con Edison.
- Garbage and Recycling: The village collects trash and recyclables. Your pick-up days will depend on where you live in the community.
- Transportation: The Nassau Inter-County Express and Long Island Rail Road both operate public transit in Rockville Centre.
Rockville Centre Housing
In Rockville Centre, many of the homes have a traditional architectural style. Streets are lined with timeless Colonials, elegant Tudors and towering Victorians, most of which are found south of Merrick Road. Closer to the downtown area, many residents live in co-op buildings, apartments or condominiums. One of the newer developments is Avalon Rockville Centre, a transit-oriented rental project with apartments primarily for young professionals commuting to the city.